New Bahamas liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone know the name of the new Bahamas liveaboard? I saw a brief reference somewhere to it, it was a 100+' catamaran doing Cay Sal or maybe the Exuma's.

I already know about Aquacat and the Nekton boats.

thx,

tvictory:
You could be thinking of Caribbean Explorer I. It leaves out of Great Exuma and cruises around Long Cay, Rum Cay, San Salvador.

www.explorerventures.com
Thanks for the info, but that's not it. The boat I'm thinking of specifically was a Cat, they mentioned it was something like 30' wide and claimed it was the most stable dive platform in the Caribbean - my buddy gets sick sometimes...

We may just go with Nekton for that reason.

sjspeck:
Anyone know the name of the new Bahamas liveaboard? I saw a brief reference somewhere to it, it was a 100+' catamaran doing Cay Sal or maybe the Exuma's.

I already know about Aquacat and the Nekton boats.

thx,

they aren't new but would you be talking about the cat ppalu out of nassau. Then there's the Cuan Law but they do the brittish virgin isles, and their a trimaran. I've heard that the trimarans are actualy more stable the cats, but I've tried neither so see for yourself.
http://www.blackbeard-cruises.com/catppalu.html

vertaqua:
they aren't new but would you be talking about the cat ppalu out of nassau. Then there's the Cuan Law but they do the brittish virgin isles, and their a trimaran. I've heard that the trimarans are actualy more stable the cats, but I've tried neither so see for yourself.
http://www.blackbeard-cruises.com/catppalu.html
That's not it either, I knew about Cat Ppalu also. I thought it was charter only.

Maybe I'm imagining the whole thing. I went back through my last couple of dive magazines but can't find any reference to it either.

I'd like to get on Aquacat, but my buddy is set on Cay Sal. So we're probably going with Nekton.

Thanks anyway,

sjspeck:
Thanks for the info, but that's not it. The boat I'm thinking of specifically was a Cat, they mentioned it was something like 30' wide and claimed it was the most stable dive platform in the Caribbean - my buddy gets sick sometimes...

We may just go with Nekton for that reason.

That sounds like something Nekton would say and technically their boats are cats, although they tipically use the term swath when talking about their boats.

As for most stable liveaboard's I would go with either of the nekton boats which are 44' wide or the cuan law which id 44' wide.

Back
Top Bottom