Where to after Tiger Beach in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrea1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hallo all and greetings from Vienna,
we are planning to dive 3 days at Tiger Beach around middle of April 2024. After that, we want to dive some more and my husband absolutely wants to see the swimming pigs. Anyone having an idea, what island could be nice and kind of near or on the way to the pigs (ore even far from the pigs but especially nice)? We have allready been to the Bahamas: Bimini, San Salvadore (Club Med), Exumas with Aquacat, i liked all of them but I don't want t repeat, if there is something new.
We are just the two of us, so the renting of entire boats or houses is not suitable for us.
I was browsing the Forum, and it seemed, there is much more information precovid about Bahamas, and not so much in the last year. Sometimes it is hard to say, if "older" informations still are valuable. Thats why I aks this question now, I hope I can get some inspiration for my plannings!
Andrea

we are planning to dive 3 days at Tiger Beach around middle of April 2024. After that, we want to dive some more and my husband absolutely wants to see the swimming pigs. Anyone having an idea, what island could be nice and kind of near or on the way to the pigs (ore even far from the pigs but especially nice)? We have allready been to the Bahamas: Bimini, San Salvadore (Club Med), Exumas with Aquacat, i liked all of them but I don't want t repeat, if there is something new.
We are just the two of us, so the renting of entire boats or houses is not suitable for us.

I've visited the Bahamas on cruise stops but haven't dove there or visited the swimming pigs. I see your thread is coming up on 24 hours old with no replies, so I hit Google to see if I could find anything that might be of some use.

From 7Continents1Passport.com:

How to Get to Pig Beach, Bahamas: Best Tours, Costs & Tips

March 31, 2023January 7, 2023

Please let us know what you ultimately decide to do, and how it works out for you going forward. Looks like it could be pricy but it can be done.

Richard.

I've visited the Bahamas on cruise stops but haven't dove there or visited the swimming pigs. I see your thread is coming up on 24 hours old with no replies, so I hit Google to see if I could find anything that might be of some use.

From 7Continents1Passport.com:

How to Get to Pig Beach, Bahamas: Best Tours, Costs & Tips

March 31, 2023January 7, 2023

Please let us know what you ultimately decide to do, and how it works out for you going forward. Looks like it could be pricy but it can be done.

Richard.
Thanks a lot for your answer! As I mentioned in my question, I have been in the Bahamas on three different places diving and I found it very beautiful (the sharks, the visibility). The planning now is harder than I thought, but I like to plan so it's OK. Island hopping is not really possible, because we have to go to Nassau every time we change place. The remote islands are so nice because the remoteness, but the remoteness brings problems: no choice in restaurants and so on, because there are 50 miles in between the villages. And the price: To Bimini I was bringing 3 huge bars of chocolate with me, because I experienced the food in Nassau to be ridiculously expensive, so we lived on fried onion rings.
My plan for now: Book 3 days of Tigers, before they are sold out. Then arrange the other points around. Check if there is a way to stay for a couple of days on San Salvador (online club med has just whole weeks and a come and go shuttle from Miami included, which I don't need, because of the tigers and pigs.).
The pigs are a problem. I even thought about staying in Staniel Cay for about 2 days and swimming over to the island of the pigs (seems to be only 100m according to google maps), but you don't arrive at the pig beach but somewhere else, and you would have to cross the island with this Bahamian bushes. Maybe a crazy plan? I still hope I get some more information here, but at least I will tell about my progress with my plans. Greetings from Vienna, Andrea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom