New Atomic Ultraclear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HoggieEater:
I tried on both the Subframe and the Frameless today. The Subframe seemed to have a visual obstruction in the center and also pressed against my forehead. I think I'm going to go back and get the Frameless tomorrow, it fit great.
Great!! Just ordered the subframe. Hope I dont have the same problem. I won't be able to return mine. How bad did it press against your forehead?? Anyone else have this same problem???

laserdoc:
Great!! Just ordered the subframe. Hope I dont have the same problem. I won't be able to return mine. How bad did it press against your forehead?? Anyone else have this same problem???

I never experienced this...

Also...didn't you try it on? If you did then what are you worrying about?

Sdiver2489:
I never experienced this...

Also...didn't you try it on? If you did then what are you worrying about?
Yes they both fit great.... Decided on the subrame for the color trim.Matches my atomic reg. Both were the same price. Best price I found even with the shiping

:D hopefully... I was fine on the second dive last week after a quick rinse between dives with some baby shampoo. Got another dive this Sunday... meanwhile, been brushing my mask with my sonic toothbrush... :wink:

Yes that was a good idea with the toothbrush trick. Going to try that with baking soda toothpaste when I get mine. I won't be able to try the mask until I dive Bonaire in Oct.

HoggieEater:
I tried on both the Subframe and the Frameless today. The Subframe seemed to have a visual obstruction in the center and also pressed against my forehead. I think I'm going to go back and get the Frameless tomorrow, it fit great.

I tried both on in my shop today. I liked the extra FOV on both the SubFrame and the Frameless. The guy behind the counter noted that the SubFrame did the same thing on him, pressed against his forehead. But the Frameless did not. The Frameless was a bit better of fit for me than the Subframe but because I wear glasses the SubFrame is my only option.

At the same I tried on a Tusa which is similar to my current mask. The fit was certainly better but not as good of FOV. Tomorrow I am going to try a wet test and see what the under version is.

Because I am after a new mask I am leaning towards the SubFrame cause it is different.

BTW Prescription lens for the SubFrame is $80.

I'm going to go give them both another test today.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom