New Atomic Ultraclear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought the new Atomic Ultraclear, black with red accents. It has a shiny silver bridge. I'm going to the Caribbean soon and I will supposedly be near Barracuda. Does anyone think that this shiny part on the mask will attract attacks like shiny jewelry or am I just a little paranoid?

That little shiny bridge is nothing compared to the refection off of the lens of the mask, not to mention your stages, tank, D-rings and all the other shiny stuff you'll be wearing. I wouldn't worry.
Post back here and let me know how you like the mask, I'm interested in getting one.

I bought one last weekend... on my dive today the barracuda practically ripped it off my face and destroyed it in less time than it took to get my spare out. My dive buddy freaked looking at the gash on my face. My second mask was filled with blood as I came up. Then the divemaster freaked and thought I was a gonner. Good thing I know that head lacerations are always worse than they seem. They sew my nose back on tomorrow when the swelling goes down.

OK sorry that may have been funny for a second.. I had the same question thought when I bought one and the same info above was presented. I think this is one really cool mask. It lets you expand your vision a lot. As for the design, I got the all black skirt with mine... I think it really focuses your vision onto the larger lens. Also the black will not yellow and look funky later. I will be quarry diving this weekend, so i'll tell ya how it goes!

I just special ordered one from my LDS. Got black skirt with subframe and yellow accent. Should be a hot item. I will post pictures when I get it as I have seen no pictures of this color online.

Sdiver2489:
I just special ordered one from my LDS. Got black skirt with subframe and yellow accent. Should be a hot item. I will post pictures when I get it as I have seen no pictures of this color online.

Thought about getting one--nice mask but I can order 3 Cressi-Sub Big eyes from Leisure Pro for that kind of $$$.:D

stangscuba98a:
Thought about getting one--nice mask but I can order 3 Cressi-Sub Big eyes from Leisure Pro for that kind of $$$.:D

True but I have been in the spending mood lately :D

I just picked one up... nice mask but too expensive.

Dove My Brand New Frameless In Table Rock Lake At Branson This Weekend. Well Woth The Money. Best Mask I Have Ever Used. First Time I Have Used It. I Had Cleaned It Well But Thought It Would Fog Anyway. I Even Burned It. Did Not Fog At All And Did Not Leak Even A Drop. First Time I Have Ever Had That. I Love It.

I've used the mask 3 times, and it has fogged every time... granted not as much the last time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom