New Aqualung Zuma for 2013?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Did Aqualung just release and updated Zuma BC? It list new on their website, but can't really find any info that says "hey we've made these changes...."

I just saw one in LDS and the bladder is now a Cordura looking like material.

So FYI, I just got off the phone with Aqualung and they said any new Zuma BC that is purchased right now is coming with 840D material. Something about they currently are out of the 420D they were using on the 2013 model. (This came from Brian) at AL who I spoke to. He said they are out of the 420D so they are using the higher material just right.

So FYI, I just got off the phone with Aqualung and they said any new Zuma BC that is purchased right now is coming with 840D material. Something about they currently are out of the 420D they were using on the 2013 model. (This came from Brian) at AL who I spoke to. He said they are out of the 420D so they are using the higher material just right.

Picked mine up today. Is there a way to tell which material it is?

Hoping to try it out this weekend.

Picked mine up today. Is there a way to tell which material it is?

Hoping to try it out this weekend.

I sent an email to AL and asked the same question. The response I got was less then helpful.

"The material will simply feel heavier then the standard material. Feel
is the best way to tell, it takes a trained eye to look at the material
and notice the difference. Since this is only a temporary production
change no guarantee is made that BCD will be made of the 860D material. "

Mine should be here hopefully by the end of this week or early next week.

Got to test out my new Zuma last night at the pool before my upcoming trip. So first the positive.

1. For the first time ever I was able to get everything in my dive bag (including the BC) just rolled it up and tossed it in the bag.
2. Good fit and feels secure. No extra bulk.
3. Tank Strap good and secure (I was a bit concerned about this prior to buying it.
4. Weight pockets very easy to access, remove and replace (empty) with the BC on.
5. Love the slim(flat)dump valves.
6. Has grommet holes for my dive knife (not that I ever go anywhere I can take this.....)

Few Negatives(and or concerns).

1. The small little tank strap at the top that goes around the valve doesn't look to durable. Hopefully that won't tear.
2. On the water surface if you over inflate you may tip forward (ok this is my first back inflation BC, not really a Zuma Issue)
3. Sometimes the weight pockets are difficult to put in (at least using lead shot weights). I was using 14 pounds (4 + 3) in each side. required a little help to get them locked in.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I don't go diving that much (maybe once or twice a year) but for my needs I think this little BC will be great.

Attachments

• 1167412_10151515236926432_1546958885_o.jpg
    1167412_10151515236926432_1546958885_o.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom