Question NO Shoulder Strap Buckle on Aqualung Zuma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stewartlife

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I’m considering 2 travel BCs: Aqualung Zuma and Scubapro Litehawk.

I like that Zuma has integrated quick release weight pockets AND one accessory pocket. However, if I see the photos and videos about it, the shoulder strap doesn’t seem to have buckles on them.

At the end of dives, normally I would unclip the buckle of my left shoulder strap to take of the BC more easily for the boat crew to pick up onto the boat.

I’m wondering if anyone has issue for not having that in Zuma? And if there’s any solution/workaround for that? Thanks!

My harness doesn't have shoulder buckles, and I keep about a fist-sized space between strap and chest. (Probably looser than you're used to.) It's super easy to slide my hand by my hip to get out. The waist belt is what holds the rig to me. I can completely take arms out and roll 360 degrees with a mere shoulder shrug to touch up the tank position. (Saw it in a video once, and by golly, it was as easy as it looked.)

I wouldn’t find that to be a dealbreaker if you like everything else about it. My BC has shoulder strap buckles, but I don’t normally use them. I normally loosen the straps fully when first gearing up, but generally not post dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom