new aqualung mask- do i have to do something special?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idanl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

i just bought new mask - aqua lung look black color

my question is do i need to handle it before dive
(clean lenses or any thing else) in order to avoid lots of fogging?
this is my first mask :)

also im thinking to replace it with the new look2 mask what do you think?(im still able to do so but its 25$ more)

Thanks

White toothpaste on the inside lense and leave it overnight. A quick and dirty solution is to run a cigarette lighter quickly over the inside lense- but the toothpaste is much gentler.

A good 12 hrs should have it fog free forever.

White toothpaste on the inside lense and leave it overnight. A quick and dirty solution is to run a cigarette lighter quickly over the inside lense- but the toothpaste is much gentler.

A good 12 hrs should have it fog free forever.

should it be with a little water or dry with only toothpaste?

also do you recommend to but the look2 or look is just fine?

thanks

should it be with a little water or dry with only toothpaste?

also do you recommend to but the look2 or look is just fine?

thanks

Buy the one that fits best and that you like the look of most. The "Look 2" looks to be lower volume, im only guessing from the pictures though, which means you will theoretically use less to clear it, the difference will not be great.

---------- Post added July 13th, 2013 at 12:08 PM ----------

According the the advertising blurb the Look 2 has a greater field of view. Assuming they both fit you well of the two I'd buy the Look 2.

Buy the one that fits best and that you like the look of most. The "Look 2" looks to be lower volume, im only guessing from the pictures though, which means you will theoretically use less to clear it, the difference will not be great.

---------- Post added July 13th, 2013 at 12:08 PM ----------

According the the advertising blurb the Look 2 has a greater field of view. Assuming they both fit you well of the two I'd buy the Look 2.

should it be with a little water or dry with only toothpaste??

Regular white toothpaste. Clean it a good 3-4 times a day for a couple of days for 15 min. Then get some anti fog (found at any LDS) and use it before the dive. After a few dives you will notice it won't fog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the mask its self, as others have said, toothpaste works best. I have never tried the look, in fact i don't see it listed on their site, only the Look2. I have, however used the Ventura+, micromask, Favola, Infinity, and Teknika. I highly recommend the Teknika and Favola in particular.

We made a video which may be useful..

[video=youtube_share;TxywBgSkBe4]http://youtu.be/TxywBgSkBe4[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom