New Apple Watch is a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can get the same features on the different apple model for 1/2 the price, outside of diving and the bigger battery basically. You pay double to dive with it.
I went with the 1/2 the price model since I already have a primary DC and also the size of the Ultra was a bit big in my opinion for everyday use. Someone who will use the dive features regularly, it's a cool option I guess. The subscription to the dive app plus the add cost of that model was the turn off for me for now.

$80 a year? how much are you spending on your streaming services? hulu, disney+, espn+, paramount+, amazon prime video, netflix, peacock, youtube premium, nfl sunday ticket, etc, etc?

That’s just it. Another financial vampire trying to get into my checkbook. I’ve already pruned back so many of those services as they were starting to get on my nerves as much as they amounted to.

App is available!

Only in US app store apparantly as I can’t find it on my local App Store

Nice, now go diving and write some reviews, Ultra owners! :)

Edit: There is one review out, but it seems mostly a paid advert and is mostly filler about what a dive computer is. The app seems functional but very basic...

It’s interesting that it includes a “too cold” alarm. That seems like one of the few aspects of the dive I’m capable of measuring myself, without a dive computer. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom