New Apple Watch is a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odd. I’ve updated to every version since the very first one and never had an issue.

Odd. I’ve updated to every version since the vert first one and never had an issue.
You are the norm is my guess. I have run marathons, backcountry hiked, mtn bikes, and left it on during dives accidentally and my Apple 4 had never had an issue.

Had every gen of the Watch since gen 2, now with the Ultra. Ran a marathon, swim/snorkel with them, even shower on occasion with them (soap isn’t their best friend), never had an issue either.

Some of these went to friends/family as I upgraded, still ticking and kicking, zero incident.

That many watches damaged in such a short period would indicate either an activity or setting/surrounding that is incompatible with a smartwatch. Not inherently an issue with the AW itself.

I no longer trust product reliability from Apple! My 14th Apple Watch has just crapped out. I have now had 6 series 5, 6 series 6 and 2 series 7 watches die on me for no reason! All of the series 5 and 6 watches had screen failures and now both series 7’s have had button failure Issues. Once they send me a new series 7 under the Apple Care warranty I will be selling it and purchasing a Garmin Descent!
You’re cursed.

I’ve had the same Apple Watch for almost 2 years. Think it’s a 6. Gets knocked around a bit, but I’ve had no issues at all. Do you do things to your iPhones, too?

I started with the series 3 and had no problems with it for 2 years, I then traded it in for the series 5 which is when my problems started. I don’t do anything out of the ordinary with the watch and have been very careful since the 3rd failure. I currently have an Otterbox protective case on the series 7 and have tried using a variety of cases on the different watches and even tried not using a case. Out of all of the failures only one may have been my fault, I used a sawzall to cut wood for about 35 minutes right before it failed. Since then I remove my watch before using power tools or doing anything that might possibly damage it. Nothing seems to make a difference and I have a failure every 30-90 days. I literally do nothing with the watch on my wrist that could possibly cause a failure yet they still fail! I have been an iPhone user since the very first one came out and have had 1 failure in all of those years that wasn’t caused by user abuse. I am currently using an iPhone 10s max that has had no problems in 4 years.

You can't adjust the notifications? Seems odd if you can't.

Like most things with technology, they can be a helpful tool, or they can take over your life. When I first got my Garmin, it was a bit overbearing. I turned several of the notifications off, so now I only get the ones that I deem important enough.
Yes, of course I can adjust the notifications. However, the notifications was one of the reasons I convinced myself to buy the damn thing in the first place. I thought it would be good to have a subtle buzz on my watch when I receive a text message which would hopefully be perceived as less interruptive if I was with a client, etc. However, I learned quickly that this was just an annoyance even if I turn off all notifications OTHER than text messages. And I certainly don't need a watch to tell me the time when my phone does the same thing. Anyway, to each his own.

Yes, of course I can adjust the notifications. However, the notifications was one of the reasons I convinced myself to buy the damn thing in the first place. I thought it would be good to have a subtle buzz on my watch when I receive a text message which would hopefully be perceived as less interruptive if I was with a client, etc. However, I learned quickly that this was just an annoyance even if I turn off all notifications OTHER than text messages. And I certainly don't need a watch to tell me the time when my phone does the same thing. Anyway, to each his own.
I have NO vibrations on my Apple Watch. I get notifications for text/Signal messages and that’s it.

You’re cursed.

I’ve had the same Apple Watch for almost 2 years. Think it’s a 6. Gets knocked around a bit, but I’ve had no issues at all. Do you do things to your iPhones, too?
Or, perhaps, he’s Borg and his Apple Watches are resisting assimilation without realizing it’s futile? :)

I no longer trust product reliability from Apple! My 14th Apple Watch has just crapped out. I have now had 6 series 5, 6 series 6 and 2 series 7 watches die on me for no reason! All of the series 5 and 6 watches had screen failures and now both series 7’s have had button failure Issues. Once they send me a new series 7 under the Apple Care warranty I will be selling it and purchasing a Garmin Descent!
14(!) Apple watches have died on you "for no reason"? That's...remarkable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom