New Apple Watch is a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably full control of the option just like the Garmin combo. The InReach still has to be inside the dive case, but you can text and send via the watch.

Yes, for instance if you were out and about somewhere remote you could use the pairing of the phone to the watch. That's how I interpreted it. Wonder how that might work if you had a depth housing for the phone?
Wow, if you had your phone in the housing and the watch, both with Oceanic+, you could have your primary computer, a backup computer, your camera, and a rescue device, oh my! All you would need is an SPG :), maybe Apple will make that too, so that you can stay in brand. 🍎 Diving, go for it!

Wow, if you had your phone in the housing and the watch, both with Oceanic+, you could have your primary computer, a backup computer, your camera, and a rescue device, oh my! All you would need is an SPG :), maybe Apple will make that too, so that you can stay in brand. 🍎 Diving, go for it!
Let’s be honest if shearwater made a tampon many guys on here would use them.

I'm lukewarm in my relationship with Shearwater Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service? I do find the adulation for Apple not understandable.
Some people really like Apple and some people really hate Apple. I, personally have an iPhone and a set of AirPods I like, but I am at my limit with $1,000. dive computers.
I think it's a little premature for people to judge a product with such limited availability and no track record.

Could say the same about Apple, based on some responses in this thread.
Actually, it’s way more appropriate for Apple - the Apple fanboy base is far larger than the Shearwater base!

Some people really like Apple and some people really hate Apple. I, personally have an iPhone and a set of AirPods I like, but I am at my limit with $1,000. dive computers.
I think it's a little premature for people to judge a product with such limited availability and no track record.
Apple has some cool products, but their customer support is piss-poor. As local law enforcement I've received a number of lost and found Apple devices over the years. Reach out to Apple with the serial number asking them to contact their customer to let them know we have their $1000 phone and to reach out to our agency. Nope, they will not do that. It's not in Apple's interest to get people back their lost devices when they can sell them a replacement.

Trying to get a battery replaced is a joke. Service life needs to be under 80% or they don't touch it, even if I'm paying for it regardless of warranty status. At 83% my phone would barely last half a day with minimal use when it used to last two days. The Apple service center refused to do anything with it, saying I had to come back with less than 80%. Again, this was with me simply paying cash for the service as the device was out of warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom