New Airplane Wreck off Waianae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone have GPS coordinates for the new airplane?

or at least a good heading from the LCU?

thanks

I haven't dove it yet, but was on the Shallow LCU the other day and another Divemaster told me: from the Shallow LCU, it's about 50-75 yard swim straight toward the shore.

Just go straight back from the LCU till you hit the reef, the follow the reef to the right, should hit the plane in 2-3 minutes. If vis is good, you can see an anchor off the back of the LCU, aim for that and it will take you straight to the airplane.

Opps, hang a left. I'm awesome at navigation, just follow the yellow Cressi fins and I always find my way back!

Aloha All,

Ocean Concepts has posted their "29 Down" Hawaii Wreck Dive Site Page. Talking about the new Aircraft placed off of Waianae as an aftificial reef.

It also says more detailed info on how it got there will be posted soon.

Lobster Season (Cray) starts next week here in Western Australia, cant wait! But you can't catch lobster at night here....:no Only Shrimp/Prawns in the river at night, which is comical to watch divers with u/w butterfly nets.

Cheers and Safe Diving,

Rich

Pics of the wings on land

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

I was there a week ago and snapped some photos. The site has changed quite a bit due to the storm we had a few weeks ago. But it's still a great dive site. Thanks to the storm, it looks more like an actual wreck than an intentional artificial reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom