NetDoc Feel Better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally! After, what? Two years or so? It used to make my ankle hurt watching you walk at times. Not to mention the pain of watching you call dives. Heal quickly, my friend.
You know, that last dive at Venice, where I could not get out of the surf without help was devastating. I really appreciated the help, but I realized just how restricted I am in doing what I love. It was HARD for people to understand why I would just blow things off if they were just a bit "iffy", but that was self preservation.

BTW, it's been close to three and a half years. Time flies when you're having fun! :D

It is amazing how modern medicine has improved. The recovery time for a surgery like yours used to be up to four/six months. Look at you out on the scooter getting speeding tickets in the grocery store. Heal well and fast...get back in the water.

Look at you out on the scooter getting speeding tickets in the grocery store. Heal well and fast...get back in the water.

:rofl3::rofl3:I now can just see him go along the isles,racing for some peanutbutter , milk and cookies.:rofl3::rofl3:

Somebody please call the cops and bring a videocam.

Get well soon :lotsalove:

Finally! After, what? Two years or so? It used to make my ankle hurt watching you walk at times. Not to mention the pain of watching you call dives. Heal quickly, my friend.

Yeah, I remember he blew off some dives during the invasion in 06'! I never knew what was wrong with your foot (other than you were limping).

I'm very glad you are in the process of recovery, and I hope by the time I see you next (Invasion, unless you are up for some skiing in CO! :11:), you are 100%, or close!

Heal fast, and enjoy the USSR!

Doc:

I join the rest of the SB members in wishing you a speedy recovery. We are looking forward to your post show report from Vodka land.

First Doctor Visit AFTER surgery:

Wow, I was impressed with the way they wrapped this puppy up. It took my nurse (from St Lucia) ten minutes to remove all of the ace bandages, padding and gauze from the surgical site. There was absolutely NO swelling and in fact everything looked shrunken. More importantly there was no rash from a fungal infection! YAY! My last two surgeries (left hand and then the right hand) were marred by this, and so I was quite happy to see dry and pasty white skin!

I got the actual scoop from Dr Hoover at this time. The tendon did have to be detached, but not completely. This will assist in the ultimate healing, but he cautioned me to be patient. I have a good three months before I get wet.

They wrapped it back up with fresh stuff and re-inserted the ice-water cooling module. I will see him next week, same bat time and same bat station.

However, I have to admit that I am becoming overly aggressive/confidant with my knee scooter. I really can't wait for Moscow as this will enable me to see just about EVERYTHING I may want to see it, and to do so quickly. A couple of pushes and I can pick up my leg and ride my scooter for several yards! Cowabunga, dood!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom