NetDoc Feel Better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, it turns out the first set of pain pills made me ITCH. I haven't had one since 4:30 am. It's OK. I haven't been TOOOO demanding of my kids.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

But I have to say that it was a piece of cake... a piece of crumb cake even! :D

Well, it wasn't "cosmetic" surgery. I mean like who needs sexy ankles? I had a torn Achilles heal that looked like they were going to have detach it to fix it. Two bone spurs had punctured the Achilles tendon and one broke off leaving bone shards in the tendon. The Doctor was able to effect the repairs without detaching the tendon which is GREAT news. I will learn the new ETA on Monday but I am hoping for about a month. The cool part is my ice water cooled cast. I have a cooler full of ice and water and they pump the water through a tube inside the cast. No more ice packs! I even have a thermostat to control the temp in the cast.

How enthused am I??? Well, I booked a flight to Moscow leaving on February 12. :D I'll be going to the Golden Dolphin Dive Show and will be gone about a week.
So... what ankle did you go for... Madonna, Spears... Phyllis (Diller)?:popcorn:

Can you sit close to a camp fire, or will the plastic melt?

Need to get me one of those casts for my wrist in about two weeks.

Good luck on speedy recovery, Pete. :D

Here are the pics:

ScubaBoard Gallery - Healing after Achilles Surgery - Powered by PhotoPost
Those pictures are horrific! How could you subject us to this? You sick SOB!

Awe kitty is waiting for her ride. That cooling system is very nice indeed :14:

Why is it I am envisioning you racing the neighborhood skateboarders on that knee thing?

Back
Top Bottom