Nerwly Certified diver looking for open water dives in North Carolina...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvmjethead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking to plan for some of my first few dives.

Newly certified. A few 45 FSW Carribean warm water dives and the Open Water check out dives in a cold quarry. VERY comfortable in the water and NOT a gas hog. Excellent brand new equipment.

Will be diving with guide/DM.

What are a few different great beginners dives off the coast of Virginia, North Carolina or South Carolina.

:coffee:

The Liberty ship and Indra come to mind. You do know dive ops in NC do NOT provide a DM/guide. If you want one to dive with you, you will have to arrange (pay) for one. Another option, likely the best one, is to find a local experienced buddy who will go with you. When you contact a dive op be sure to tell them you are a new diver with no east coast experience. Our dives are a good bit more challenging than the average Carribean dive.
Some dive ops to constact in NC
Morehead/Beaufort: Olympus and Discovery
Carolina Beach/Wrightsville Beach: Aquatic Safaris and Cape Fear Divers

I'm taking divers to Hatteras the weekend of 12-13 October. You're welcome to join us. I'll have plenty of qualified guides you could buddy with. Drop a line.

Hi SteFord:

Got anymore room?

Probably just me, but I'll check. Where we going, what dives, etc?

THANKS...

Outer Banks Diving in Nags Head can hook you up with a DM guide. The Advance is a great beginner dive. There are also guided dives off the beach down there that they can set you up on.

Probably just me, but I'll check. Where we going, what dives, etc?

THANKS...

Hey, what about me & Trina? Probably just Saturday the 13th though.

But more on point, the Santore is a good dive, 60fsw & plenty to see, also the Tug & Barge are decent at 70fsw. A lot of newer divers go for the Brass Spike at 85fsw, but its not really all that. All these are right here in good O' Va. Beach. Dive & be home for supper. It will prepare you for NC diving which is a favorite destination of mine & my wifes by the way.

Whoops, sorry about that! I remember you saying that after Italy you might have to take it easy for awhile.. LOL!

Anyway, I finally talked to Outerbanks Diving today (John and Amy) and they have open spots for all three of us on Saturday and Sunday. They are going deeper Saturday (Proteus, Tarpon, etc), but staying shallower Sunday (Dixie Arrow?).

The cost is $125/day...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom