Nerds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Other than mounting, how does the Nerd 2 differ from the Perdix AI?

I love what the manual says.

Shearwater Nerd 2 User Manual
This computer has bugs. Although we haven’t found them all yet, they are
there. It is certain that there are things that this computer does that either we
didn’t think about, or planned for it to do something different. Never risk your
life on only one source of information. Use a second computer or tables . If you
choose to make riskier dives, obtain the proper training and work up to them
slowly to gain experience.
This computer will fail. It is not whether it will fail but when it will fail. Do not
depend on it. Always have a plan on how to handle failures . Automatic systems
are no substitute for knowledge and training.
No technology will keep you alive. Knowledge, skill, and practiced procedures
are your best defense (except for not doing the dive, of course).

The perdix manual says the same thing.
Cheers - M²

Thanks.

The Nerd 2 manual says, "Operation for the NERD 2 in OC Rec mode is identical to that of the Shearwater Perdix", which raises the question of whether it is the same in other modes.

Does anyone have experience using the Nerd 2?

Have you seen the NERD2?

The Perdix AI is a wrist mounted dive computer with a transmitter on you 1st stage HP port.

The NERD2 mounts on your 2nd stage hose read the regulator. It resembles a small rifle sight with all of the data in it. The designer told me at DEMA a couple of days ago that everything in the Perdix AI is in the NERD2. Btw you need a transmitter for this too.

Oldbear,

I have only seen the Shearwater info on Nerd 2. Have not seen it in person.

To me, the Nerd 2 and Perdix AI would make interesting back ups for each other.

I'd be interested to hear impressions of the Nerd 2 from anyone who has used it.

I am not 100% it is even out yet.

But if there are I will post a review ASAP. :)

My question is about the weight on the reg and how that impacts. Also a potential issue for sharing air.

@CWK that disclaimer is in all of the Shearwater manuals and has been for at least the Predator, maybe older.

GUI is going to be the same across models in terms of what the button presses do, the menu layout, etc.

I would not use the Nerd2 on open circuit unless you are putting it on a double hose regulator, or on a FFM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom