Neptune Space PREDATOR - has anyone used this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
It is standard ... metric. Also consider the EXO-26 which I think is the best of the bunch.

EXOBR.JPG

The EXO is really a Commercial/Navy diving mask. It is heavy and expensive.

Kirby Morgan also makes a mask called the M48 SuperMask. It is light weight compaired to the EXO, has less internal volume than the AGA (that means is it less bouyant) and it has a detachable regulator which allows you to go to a secondary air source under water or talk/breath on the surface. Oh, it also uses standard American fittings so you don't need any adapters like the metrec AGA.

You can install communications in the mask from a number of venders. I perfer to use an OTS hot mike because it provides the best clarity and will last a long time because it is a sealed unit.

kmm48.gif

Oceanic was handling this a while back. I have great respect for DSI, but I don't think this is one of their better moves.

BTW, I'd hardly think of the EXO-26 as a commercial mask, it's construction, design and price put it in a class with the AGA and Poseidon, not with the band masks.

Sounds like aga is the way to go

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about the OTS guardian in this thread. Isn't it roughly equivalent to the AGA? The only FFM I have ever used was the OTS Guardian at the Florida aquarium. I enjoyed it so much I have really been considering picking up a set for my open water dives, since I have learned to love using comms when diving. Is there really any benefit to the AGA over the OTS unit?

This thread was just resurrected from over five years ago. The Guardian has only been out for about four. The Guardian has been taking over the industry ever since and for good reason. But, I'm biased...

This thread was just resurrected from over five years ago. The Guardian has only been out for about four. The Guardian has been taking over the industry ever since and for good reason. But, I'm biased...

Ahh this is good info, then...and from the person I was hoping would respond, too! So I shouldn't suddenly feel nervous that I had all but settled on a guardian then - thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom