Neoprene Socks under wetsuit boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IrishPaul

Registered
Reaction score
My size 12 wetsuit boots are a little loose, but size 11's are too small.

Can anyone recommend thin socks (neoprene or not) to be worn under my boots to provide a little snugness?

Thanks.

Irish do your search in the spearfishing or even free diving websites, 5mm socks are warm and no need for anything, they make it so you can fit in smaller foot pockets, they come in all mm sizes.

For cold water diving we use neoprene socks on a regular basis, they work great fro taking that little extra room out of your booties.

I have 3 mill booties and they work great . Help keep my feet warmer . less room in the botties and mor neoprean on your feet .( I have 5MM booties and then add the 3 MM socks for a total 8mm ) If you get them you will not be sorry

I use Stormsocks from REI. I use them in a lot of places (outer sock layer when skiing, whitewater rafting, etc.) but they also work great under wetsuit booties or even over my regular socks in my drysuit booties.

It is a great idea. The extra layer of neoprene should improve warmth and make the boot fit better.

mfs_sml.jpg

MAKO Freedive Socks (3.0 mm)

Try acrylic/cotton socks. They take up a bit of space in loose booties, are comfy too - prevent blisters. The ones I get from Santa every year for diving are Norm Thompson, Wick-Sport Socks Every trip I wind up giving my extra pairs away to divers with blisters. You can wear them in shoes too!

Mine usually last about 100-150 dives before I wear a thin spot on the ball of my foot from swimming.

Get black...

My size 12 wetsuit boots are a little loose, but size 11's are too small.

Can anyone recommend thin socks (neoprene or not) to be worn under my boots to provide a little snugness?

Thanks.

You are in the same boat that I'm in when it comes to boot sizing. I use 2mm neoprene socks (not too thick so they dont make the boot to small). A side benefit is that your feet do not get cold. Love neoprene socks. Here is a reasonably priced sock:
Akona 2 mm Neoprene Socks Tall (AKBT935)

3mm socks may be too thick. If the 2mm are also too thick, think about neoprene inserts. I have wide feet so have to sometimes buy larger boots and sometimes use heel inserts to take up space. I got at REI. They are green neoprene.

Used to get my neoprene socks from LeisurePro, but don't see the same item listed anymore. They had tread on the bottom, which is good for the boat decks. Have yet to wear out a pair. Help fill in the boots a bit, though what I like best is the non-slip bottoms. Always dive with the boots & socks together.

Back
Top Bottom