Neoprene seal leak help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass

Reaction score
Ok, I gave my Drysuit a test drive Friday. Overall it worked out great. I was diving in 63 degree water for a little over 30 minutes and the only thermal discomfort was my hands. ( No gloves). Yeah I know you PNW, Canucks Great Lake folk and Brits probably consider that warm water, but here in Texass that's pretty cold.

What I did dislike is that the leg seals leaked. When I inflated the suit, I could feel bubbles escaping. Is there a way of stopping the leaks? Remember we're talking neoprene, not latex seals.

The suit is an Ebay special (change back from a $50 including shipping) so I'm happy with the results. I was just looking for suggestions from those of you more familiar with drysuits. My thoughts are edging toward using rubber bands at the ankles.

Thanks,

Did not read in your post that you folded them under. If that is correct you might try that.

Hallmac

How about slapping some boots or socks on there, Pilgrim?
It isn't that hard & then you'll have a "proper" suit.
Alternately, SiTech makes a ring system for swapping out boots/socks. (handy for rentals).
Heck, you can even go with a Rock-type boot system. What size feet do you have?

I went back out today and folded the seals under. It worked like a charm! My trunks were still a bit damp by the end of the dive, but definitely not wet like before. I also didn't get any escaping bubbles. It also made the suit fit much better.

Kind of makes ya nervous that we're allowed to carry guns around here don't it?

Bob, I'm real interested in the boot option. Can you give me any links on what's available and how to go about gluing them on? I only know what I read in the PADI AOW manual as far as drysuits. A couple of my friends have shell suits, but they're pretty new to diving dry.

Thanks again. It looks like I won't have to take a winter hiatus this year.

Texass once bubbled...
Kind of makes ya nervous that we're allowed to carry guns around here don't it?

All they need to do is to make it legal to idiots, in six weeks the world would be a better place to live for those left alive..

Hallmac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom