Neoprene glove alteration?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:D SOS *** SOS *** SOS *** SOS *** SOS :D

I must have some "crazy-small" thumbs or something.

When I bought my first pair of neoprene gloves about 3 years ago, they were 2XS and they fit well enough but were hard to get on after the 1st dive. So I went to Small gloves. Mind you, I have smaller hands, but they aren't tiny. The gloves are awesome EXCEPT for the thumb. There is about 3/4 inch of extra material on the ends of the fingertips which makes manipulating gear really difficult. :shakehead:

Does anyone know if this can be tailored? If so, any recommendations of someone/place that could do it? Thanks in advance.

sarita75:
:D SOS *** SOS *** SOS *** SOS *** SOS :D

I must have some "crazy-small" thumbs or something.

When I bought my first pair of neoprene gloves about 3 years ago, they were 2XS and they fit well enough but were hard to get on after the 1st dive. So I went to Small gloves. Mind you, I have smaller hands, but they aren't tiny. The gloves are awesome EXCEPT for the thumb. There is about 3/4 inch of extra material on the ends of the fingertips which makes manipulating gear really difficult. :shakehead:

Does anyone know if this can be tailored? If so, any recommendations of someone/place that could do it? Thanks in advance.

Razor blade and aqua seal should take care of that problem. For what it would cost for someone else to do it you could buy another pair of gloves.

Sounds like a good DIY project. It you want to stitch it after gluing get some nylon upholstery thread.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom