Neoprene Free Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clharden

Reaction score
Hello all,

My wife reacts to neoprene with a contact dermatitis (an itchy rash that makes her hard to live with). I am looking for a reasonably priced drysuit that is constructed completely with out neoprene. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. So far my best options are a top of the line Viking or a DUI Tri-laminate with tons of customization work to get the neoprene socks replaced.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

clharden:
Hello all,

My wife reacts to neoprene with a contact dermatitis (an itchy rash that makes her hard to live with). I am looking for a reasonably priced drysuit that is constructed completely with out neoprene. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. So far my best options are a top of the line Viking or a DUI Tri-laminate with tons of customization work to get the neoprene socks replaced.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
I am using an Andy's Tri-Lam. I don't believe that their is any neoprene in that model either.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Look at Bare trilams, OS, White. There are a number of suits that don't have neoprene besides DUI.

MD

Take a look at some shell suits. Bare makes some pretty reasonably priced ones...

Heck, if you want to get REALLY cheap...do what one of my friends is doing.

He wanted a tropical drysuit...but didn't want to spend $700 on one. So he's buying one of the Bare Ultra Drysuits (meant for waterskiing/watersports) and putting valves on it. Thue Ultra Drysuit is literally the exact same suit as a Nex-Gen Dry that Bare makes, except it doesn't have valves or knee protection on it...

After all is said and done, he'll probably be setup w/ the suit for about $350. A little bit more than a 5mm wetsuit, but infinitely more comfortable and a LOT more durable.

It's always an idea....

Omicron:
He wanted a tropical drysuit...but didn't want to spend $700 on one. So he's buying one of the Bare Ultra Drysuits (meant for waterskiing/watersports) and putting valves on it. Thue Ultra Drysuit is literally the exact same suit as a Nex-Gen Dry that Bare makes, except it doesn't have valves or knee protection on it...

After all is said and done, he'll probably be setup w/ the suit for about $350. A little bit more than a 5mm wetsuit, but infinitely more comfortable and a LOT more durable.

It's always an idea....

I would really be surprised if the zipper is pressure rated, as alot of the cost of a drysuit is the zipper.

Heh. I'll have to warn him before he does this :)

TTSkipper:
At the DUI demo days at Dutch Springs a few weekends ago I saw someone trying on a DUI TLS 350 drysuit that DUI was testing the CLX450 material as booties. You may want to give them a call because it may be less expensive than you think.
Where were you at? I was trying out the CF200 all day on Sunday and tried one of the Tri-Lam suits on my second dive Saturday. I threatened to break out my "Brand X" on Sunday, so they fit me into the CF200 all day on Sunday to the point of using the Zip Seal system to fit my larger neck and wrists into their medium suit.

Omicron:
Heh. I'll have to warn him before he does this :)
Why warm him?! The shock on his face when the suit flooded in Wisconsin waters would be priceless. :11:

On second thought, better warm him. It is no fun if somebody gets hypothermia.

I had actually gotten my CLx50/50 earlier in the week and the sizing was a little off so I went to show it to DUI so that when I sent it back to get fixed the measurements were right. Also my LDS was helping out in the booth. I was on the left side of the quarry on Saturday and on Sunday I had my drysuit class so we were under the trees down on the Peninsula not far from where DUI was.

diverbrian:
Where were you at? I was trying out the CF200 all day on Sunday and tried one of the Tri-Lam suits on my second dive Saturday. I threatened to break out my "Brand X" on Sunday, so they fit me into the CF200 all day on Sunday to the point of using the Zip Seal system to fit my larger neck and wrists into their medium suit.

TTSkipper

Back
Top Bottom