Neoprene Dry Suits? What's good, What's bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime:
I had a couple hundred dives on my DUI TLS350 trilam suit. I now have a Diving Concepts crushed 2mm suit. I will never dive trilam again. I wear the same weight, yet never have to worry about tearing the suit every time I enter from a rocky shoreline. It is also warmer than a trilam and stretches. Plus I can move through the water almost as easily as I can in a wetsuit. Couldn't do that in the Glad bag I had before. The only negative I've found is the drying time between dives. My suit is often still wet the next time I go diving. The TLS350 was usually dry before I even got out of it.
Never say never again! My Diving Concepts began leaking and wouldn't stop. I bought a USIA suit because of the price. I've had it since February and stayed relatively dry on most dives until last Saturday. I tore a hole in the butt while sitting on a rock putting my fins on. The water was 51F but I made the dive anyway. I had to drag a few gallons of water up the hill afterward, but the repair was as easy as putting tape on the inside plastic layer and Aquaseal on the nylon outer layer. I remained dry on my dive the next day. I wish I could afford one of those combination crushed neoprene/trilam suits DUI makes, but I can't see spending as much for a drysuit as I would on a used car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom