Neopreme...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just came to say hello and have you over for a spot of tea, nothing more innocent than that is there? :wink:

I live in the state of Washington. Please note that there is no R in Washington. It is not pronounced 'Warshington'. Thank you.

The folks that live in Warshington State do tend to say melk, as in "Can you stop by the store on the way home and get a gallon of melk?", or "Got Melk?". We also get the "jeetyet"?, as someone else already brought up.

My real pet peeve is "X-presso" instead of "S-presso". Unfortunately, somone a while back pointed out to me that both are correct: expresso and espresso are the same thing. :( Hey, if it's written out as 'espresso' then don't put a ghost X there, I say!

Jimmie (spelled with an IE, not a Y!)

love2godeep:
Tex Whitcombe finally met his match in George W. Bush.

The renowned vocal coach, who has trained the likes of Jesse Jackson and Arnold Schwarzenegger, resigned today, citing complete frustration with Bush's refusal to correctly pronounce the word "nuclear."

With those references, what would you expect?

Oh and excape, rather than escape

My favorite is from Martha Stewart herself. She kept saying "herbs" with the "h" instead of without. I couldn't believe that they aired the show that way.

Wow. When you live in a state where the population is generally speaking English as a second language, or just from Long Island :) it's so nice to know there really are people out there who know what apostrophes are for, and that spelling and pronunciation can be important in life.....ahhhh...
As for my pet peeves...
Aunt---an "aunt" -awnt- is a person, -ant- is a bug, thanks.

When submitting a resume, you really don't even have to do the work....just use spellcheck in Word....PLEASE!! Indeed, "MicroSoft" is a company/product, "microsoft" is a description of your pillow/bed....(btw, I'm in HR....it's my job to be nitpicky).

Linguistics was probably my favorite class in college...

love2godeep:
The renowned vocal coach, who has trained the likes of Jesse Jackson and Arnold Schwarzenegger, resigned today, citing complete frustration with Bush's refusal to correctly pronounce the word "nuclear."
Whatever.....

We all understand the Rev'ren Jazzy .. iss jes dat he soun
like a dim-witted poverty pimp.

As for Ahnuld. Let him run for president of Austria. Not the US.

At least GW sounds like a good-ole-boy from Texas. By way of CT and ME.

Okay, Here are my peeves... I can see a typo once in awhile when your brain is moving a little faster than your fingers, but I see these all too often.. .. ..

Then / Than... I see it screwed up all the time.

And in keeping with the "TH" thing,

They're / There / Their ..

Funniest one was a guy I worked with from New Jersey.
Had a daughter named.. Lisa..

Anyone want to take a shot at his pronunciation?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom