NELD Winter Dive Day #1??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep....it was cold and my "fixed" drysuit is more wet than ever. Somebody will be hearing from an annoyed me soon.

decapoddiver (Scott) and I broke off from the group of four somewhere in the middle of the dive. We headed out a little deeper and bottomed out around 30 feet when I called to turn us around due to my much smaller tank (Scott: HP120, Me: HP72 with a short fill).

There was almost no animal life. Just a few short (and stubborn) lobsters and a sea raven. Lots of starfish and orange sponges, though.

Overall, it was a nice pretty dive.

Total bottom time: 49 minutes
Max depth: 29 feet
Temp: 38-39 degrees
Toes at the start of the dive: 10
Toes at the end of the dive: 10

Despite being soaked inside my "dry" suit, my hands were nice and dry due to my new Diving Concepts crushed neoprene Explorer dry gloves.

Off to watch the superbowl with the neighbors!

You guys are crazy, or I'm just jealous!!! Thanks for sharing and for posting your pics!

Aaron, will you ever dive DRY???!!!!

Guys,

Sorry for missing the dive. Overslept. Arron, man sorry to hear about your fixed suit. Is it a zipper problem? Stay warm and at least the gloves worked, right?

Eric

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Guys,

Sorry for missing the dive. Overslept. Arron, man sorry to hear about your fixed suit. Is it a zipper problem? Stay warm and at least the gloves worked, right?

Eric

No problem...I almost overslept myself.

The zipper, which I just spent a boatload on replacing, leaks like a sieve. When we were doing our surface swim out, I felt a little trickle. Ugh. They'll get a piece of my mind tomorrow.

Oh! It's just me. Nice shots. You're right. Much easier to have 2 groups of two.

ericfine50 once bubbled...
try Superior Drysuit Repair - 218-825-7009 They do great work. Fast turn around times.

Eric

Thanks, but since I already paid a shop to do the work, I'm going to insist that they fix the problem at no charge. The suit used to be useable, now it is completely useless because of the zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom