NELD Boston Harbor Outing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfalco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I remember last summer some of you organized an overnight NELD camping/diving excursion to one of the islands in Boston Harbor. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it, but it sounded like a great time. Would people be interested in trying this again this year? Possibly late spring/early summer?

I remember last summer some of you organized an overnight NELD camping/diving excursion to one of the islands in Boston Harbor. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it, but it sounded like a great time. Would people be interested in trying this again this year? Possibly late spring/early summer?

Ditto for me...shoulder surgery kept me on the shelf last time. July or August would be better, though. Matt Silvia organized last year's shindig. As long as I don't have to swim from Hull Gut to Lovell's Island I'll be all set.

LobstaMan

Yeah, I'm in again, and my buddies Jeff and Jim are in, too. July or August sounds better to me. We had an awesome night sitting out by the campfire. We'll need more boats, though.

Matt seems to think that Boston Harbor is tropical in July. He dove in a 3mm

I dove the wreck of the Romance in the middle of last July with a 7/5mm wetsuit. The temp at depth was anything but tropical. (45 degrees)

Hey Y'all,

I was poking around and found that the group sites on Lovells Island are going fast, so I grabbed a group site for the weekend of August 15-17. I reserved Group Site number 1 for Friday and Saturday nights. The maximum number of people is 30, so if you're interested in going, please PM me so I can keep a list going, and as the date approaches we can get organized as far as who can bring what gear, so we don't have redundancy.

If you have a boat, it would be great if you can bring it. If not, you'll need to take a ferry, which will drop you at the dock, where you can load your gear into a two-wheeled bin and push it to the site. The ferrys leave from Boston, Hull, or Quincy. The schedule is somewhere on this site.

It was absolutely a blast last year, and I'd love to go again this time, but my wife and I are expecting a baby at the end of July so I think I'll probably have to take a rain check this time, as much as that hurts.

Back
Top Bottom