Nekton Belize a big disappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe you should get your facts straight before writing your total load of lies ! We were on that cruise and had an awesome,fantastic trip !!
Sounds like sour grapes to me!
hmmm... I don't have a dog in this fight....

but I noticed this above poster joined today, this is their first post, and they are here to attack someone else for a trip report.

Seems like to me that this is a 'sock puppet' account for someone who doesn't have the balls to speak for themself.

anyone else notice this?
Yes, there are some interesting similarities.

Maybe that user will come back to this thread to answer the criticism...

Talked to John Dixon of Nekton today. He listened to our complaints and apologized which helps to have things acknowledged. They did offer us a discount off another trip but it will be awhile because of lack of time and $ on our end

Yes, there are some interesting similarities.

Maybe that user will come back to this thread to answer the criticism...

I doubt it.... if they couldn't muster up the courage to talk for themself the first time, I doubt they will be able to avoid cowardness a second time.... :lotsalove:

Talked to John Dixon of Nekton today. He listened to our complaints and apologized which helps to have things acknowledged. They did offer us a discount off another trip but it will be awhile because of lack of time and $ on our end
It's good to hear that the issue got resolved.

I have done four trips with Nekton Diving Cruises. Captain Nelson (Rorqual) was on three of them and Captain Ephey (Pilot) on my Belize trip. All trips were excellent and never any complains from me. Belize in Feb. of 2007 was one of my BEST trips. The diving was just fantastic and visibility 80-100 feet on all dives. Capt. Ephey ran a professional operation and the crew worked well together. I would do another Nekton Pilot trip in Belize in a second!

Captain Nelson and Denise are good friends of mine. We live here in Fort Myers, FL and he was one of my diving instructors. Nelson was also the first person I met at Dean's Dive Center about getting my Open Water Certification. I was fortunate to have Nelson with me in Marathon, FL to complete my certification. He is in my option the BEST in the business. Besides the fact he is an EXCELLENT diving instructor. Nelson and Denise work extremely hard for Nekton as most of us know. I am sure he is in Eastern Puerto Rico and St. Croix on the Nekton Rorqual.

This summer I did a back to back trip on the Rorqual. This included 7 days in the NW Bahamas and 10-days Cay Lobos. Nelson worked extremely hard finding good sites and constantly diving to connect the boat to the mooring pins. Nelson is the reason I chose Nekton for my diving liveaboards. My biggest concern is Nelson could be burning out by working so hard. I know he did not sleep on the last two days of my Cay Lobos trips because of rough seas. If Nelson moves on to another Company he will take a lot of customers’ with him. :crafty:

Ok, I just got off the cell phone with Captain Nelson. He is in Puerto Rico onboard the Rorqual. They just passed the local zone inspection for the vessel. Things are going together well for this great new itinerary. Nelson will be posting something on Scubaboard soon as I told him people were asking about him. Of course he wants to know when I was coming to PR for the new itinerary. My next trip is Bonaire on January 04, 2008.

Nelson told me to call him if I ever have any questions. Goods news he just had a FIVE week vacation! :D Most of Nelson's family including his Mother reside in PR.

thank you Trwmodela! I am glad to hear he is still with the company and we are planning to do the Puerto Rico/St. Croix itinerary so it will be great to hear first hand all about it. :D It sounds like a good variety of dive sites and since their is no passport requirement, it will be a good option for some divers.

I really don't know how those captain's do it - they and the rest of the crew work so hard. It is easy to get burned out on a 24/7 job, but luckily they all love what they do. :D I do hope capt Ephey comes back though, we were very very impressed with him.

robint:D

I have done four trips with Nekton Diving Cruises. Captain Nelson (Rorqual) was on three of them and Captain Ephey (Pilot) on my Belize trip. All trips were excellent and never any complains from me. Belize in Feb. of 2007 was one of my BEST trips. The diving was just fantastic and visibility 80-100 feet on all dives. Capt. Ephey ran a professional operation and the crew worked well together. I would do another Nekton Pilot trip in Belize in a second!

Captain Nelson and Denise are good friends of mine. We live here in Fort Myers, FL and he was one of my diving instructors. Nelson was also the first person I met at Dean's Dive Center about getting my Open Water Certification. I was fortunate to have Nelson with me in Marathon, FL to complete my certification. He is in my option the BEST in the business. Besides the fact he is an EXCELLENT diving instructor. Nelson and Denise work extremely hard for Nekton as most of us know. I am sure he is in Eastern Puerto Rico and St. Croix on the Nekton Rorqual.

This summer I did a back to back trip on the Rorqual. This included 7 days in the NW Bahamas and 10-days Cay Lobos. Nelson worked extremely hard finding good sites and constantly diving to connect the boat to the mooring pins. Nelson is the reason I chose Nekton for my diving liveaboards. My biggest concern is Nelson could be burning out by working so hard. I know he did not sleep on the last two days of my Cay Lobos trips because of rough seas. If Nelson moves on to another Company he will take a lot of customers’ with him. :crafty:

I think that Nelson is great but I also think Denise is full of herself!

It's good to know that Nelson was simply on vacation and not gone from Nekton. I agree with Robin, I hope Ephey comes back to Nekton sometime in the future.

Hello Everyone,
I am one of the two people that stayed for a second week on the Nekton Pilot. I enjoyed both weeks, though they each had there pros and cons. I too was slightly disappointed with having the boat stay docked for two days. However, I was happy that we had the chance to go on another boat and get a couple of dives in at some otherwise unavailable sites. We also got to see some Manatees that we otherwise never would have seen. We had a full boat with a great group of passengers. We had a rather large group of divers from Missouri that were just wonderful. A really fun group of people. How often is it that you get three female firefighters on one boat!? Anyway, that first week went by so fast. The downside to it was we didn't really get to know the crew all that well. At least I didn't think so. Lemurs2, I think I had your cabin the second week. Only one problem with the toilet.....sorry Bryce and Don! Other than that, no issues with toilets the second week! Like I said, I ended up staying for a second week. Killed my financially, but man what a blast. Things were sssoooo different the second week. A much smaller group was probably the biggest thing. I think for that reason alone things were different. I am not sure if it was because it was my second week, or a smaller group, but I feel like I got to know the crew a lot more that week. That week also went by a lot slower, and we seemed to have a lot more down time. I think that is just my perception. Anyway, I enjoyed both weeks and am seriously thinking about applying on for a job on the Pilot. Oh, before I forget, Captain Grant was still quiet the second week as well. Awesome guy, just soft spoken. I hope this has helped.
Nicole

Dont forget to get wet!

Hooray for the 100th dive!! LOL.......for those of you who were there.......you know you're laughing too! :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom