Negative Entries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you are in the learning process, I wouldn't call that "screwing up," I would call that "learning!" :wink: Hats off to you for recognizing that you needed to learn and actively asking for the training!
Yeah well you didn’t see a video of my finning. Was horrified to see myself screwing that up too with bicycle kicks. But that’s for a different thread. LOL.

Yeah well you didn’t see a video of my finning. Was horrified to see myself screwing that up too with bicycle kicks. But that’s for a different thread. LOL.
As an aside, Cavalry Scout?

Scouts Out!
I took my live aboard dive boat to San Andreas for diving Quito Sueno, Roncador and Serranos banks for research. We hosted a large number of 22-24 year old Colombian marine biology students on the vessel. That was fine, and we got the chance to stop at Providencia on the way back to Texas. It was a highlight of my career.

You know what JAFO means right? Just Another F&@“$@&$ Observer
Ah. In the Navy it means Just Another ******* Officer.

Hi @Jafo19D

Make sure you have all the air out of your BC. You probably will have some air in it from your last surfacing. I will often suck the air out through the inflator, after draining the water out of the hose. To make sure, you can give your butt dump a pull once you are head down at he start of the descent. I often get a burp of air out of my BC

As @rongoodman pointed out, if you are properly weighted, you will be 5+ pounds heavy at the start, from the gas you will consume on the dive (0.0807 lb/cu ft)

Understand that you need to be completely squared away prior to entering the water when doing entries like this. We call it "bombing". The risk is that your air/gas is off or just partially on or your b/c inflator hose is not connected (or both) and these oversights become significant problems when they are hard to resolve.

Understand that you need to be completely squared away prior to entering the water when doing entries like this. We call it "bombing". The risk is that your air/gas is off or just partially on or your b/c inflator hose is not connected (or both) and these oversights become significant problems when they are hard to resolve.
Yeah I triple checked that the air was on before each attempt. And in fact I was thinking today that I need to practice turning on the air after getting suited up.

I took my live aboard dive boat to San Andreas for diving Quito Sueno, Roncador and Serranos banks for research. We hosted a large number of 22-24 year old Colombian marine biology students on the vessel. That was fine, and we got the chance to stop at Providencia on the way back to Texas. It was a highlight of my career.
Unfortunately Providencia is still not available for tourists because of the hurricane. Did my AOW there and it was awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom