Needle sticking on SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deanmurray

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a UWATEC "Master scuba diver" SPG. The one made from brass / glass.

The needle is sticky ie it does not immediatly move to the correct pressure, it sort of goes there in small jercks and sometimes does not settle on the correct value unless the gauge is tapped on the back.

I ordered this from OS so return to manufacturer is not an easy option. Is there some way this can be fixed?

Think of the ramifications of a faulty SPG.
Its not even worth playing with.
This is a critical piece of equipment, and worth spending money on.
Return it fella, even if it costs you.

Look at what is at stake here...YOU.

Aqua Is Right
Don't dive with it SEND IT BACK

We had a diver here in Sydney drown a few years back due to a faulty SPG. Diver thought she had 1500PSI left, but the tank was bone dry.

Paniked and drowned, her buddy tried to save her and got bent in the process

Find out how to get it sent back....send it back....it will be well worth it in the long-run....maybe it isn't even what you wanted anyway????

I wouldn't heistate to send it back. It's way to important. You spent good money on a critical piece of equipment to put up with any kind of problem.

Scott

A sticky needle in the SPG may not be quite as bad as a sticky altimiter needle if you're skydiving, but it ranks right up there.

Another vote for sending it back, the only other realistic option is to adjust it with a 4 lb hammer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom