Needing Numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SVT_Tactical

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok guys, have my uncle coming up from Florida to dive with me. I go down every year and he always has several good dives we do and I want to do the same. We want to do some spearfishing and hopefully find a couple lobsters each. Have a charter on the books but looks like its going to be dropped due to not enough signing up. I've got a buddy with a 36ft fishing boat thats going to take us out if the charter doesnt run. Now my friend with the boat has fishing spots but doesn't have number to the ledges that divers use for some lobsters. Wouldn't mind hitting a wreck as long as its out far enough for decent spearfishing. Does anyone know of some numbers they can provide or point me in a direction to find a map that has the wreck #'s I can find. WE are between Southport and Little River down in Shallotte, but can leave any of the places as we will trailer to put the boat in.

A very bold question. Many would give away their children before parting with good numbers :)
From what little I know about the area, having dove the ledges once, you could head south of the Frying Pan Light Tower (and even dive the tower) and look for good concentrations of fish - these should be around productive ledge structure. Depth around 80-90 feet. Lobsters take a bit of looking under hard bottom for. Wrecks I can't help with, but any fishing forum may help.....?

Yeah its crazy how secretive folks are with their numbers. I actually had someone send me some good dive sites I'm going to try. We are going to start at the tower if the weather permits and do a dive there first, if good will do another tank there too. If not we will start to work our way south, south east until we see some ledges to stop at. If the forecast for Tuesday doesn't change we won't make it out to FPT and will have to find something a bit more inland.

Back
Top Bottom