Needed: BC Sewing Repair - Richardson TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CharleyT

Reaction score
I have an older (1996) Zealge Concept BC. There is a strip of Velcro (approx. 2" x 14") that appears to hold a cross strap in position. I need to get this Velcro replaced. Does anyone know of folks in the Dallas area that they trust do to this type of work? I am in Richardson.

The BC dives just fine, although the Velcro comes loose as I carry it to and from the water.

Thanks for any help!

Charley

I've had mine sewn on at a shoe repair shop before. They've got the heavy nylon thread and correct type sewing machine to do the job. As long as the repair isn't close to the bladder, shouldn't be a problem.. Try Dallas Shoe Repair, they're located just east of NW Hwy and the Tollway.

Parachutes are nothing but nylon and stitches, with the occasional metal part and a few rubber bands.

Give The Adventure Loft a try. Riggers (a person certified to repair parachutes) are really good at sewing anything, especially life support equipment. And they'll have velcro to replace it with.

Adventure Loft Inc
1425 Century Dr
Carrollton, TX 75006
(972) 245-4256

All the best, James

TruckDiver:
I've had mine sewn on at a shoe repair shop before. They've got the heavy nylon thread and correct type sewing machine to do the job. As long as the repair isn't close to the bladder, shouldn't be a problem.. Try Dallas Shoe Repair, they're located just east of NW Hwy and the Tollway.

Thanks to both of you! I didn't even think about a shoe place. There is one in Richardson Sq Mall near the house. I'll take it by tomorrow. I already had the HD Velcro, removed the old and have the new ready to go. Did some test runs on the home machine, thread is to thin to go through the old part, so no way it'll go through the new.

Charley

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom