Need wetsuit "Brand" advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fit, Fit Fit. Either of the brands you are considering will do you well.

Pete

I had a hard time finding a wetsuit that fit me and that I didn't have to fight to get on. (They don't make wetsuits for athletic women with hourglass figures!) I had heard good things about Henderson and ended up buying a 3mm Henderson Hyperstretch and I LOVE it. Fits like a glove and oh my god is it comfy for a wetsuit! I also own a 7mm Mares Trilastic and am in love with that one too. It came reccomended to me by the people at Scuba.com because I was in a pinch for time and money and needed a 7mm but didn't have the cash on me for a Henderson Hyperstretch at the time. I was skeptical since I'm pretty loyal to Henderson from the luck I've had with them and good reviews from fellow divers (and didn't know anyone that had a Mares at the time) but I wore it last weekend in 50 degree water (below the thermocline) and never once got chilled. Very comfortable and easy to get on too.

Like everyone else has pretty much said, it's not really about brand as much as it is how it fits you and if it does the job that you want it to do.

The nice thing about hyperstretch (I do have a Henderson), is that they do exactly that. You do trade some thermal properties for that comfort though. I also dive (disclaimer-and we sell) Promate. They have a very good quality wetsuit at a cost that will allow you to buy 2 or 3 for those times when your wetsuit has 'shrunk'. I know, because I have that problem as well.

Women come in a lot more shapes than us guys. The Henderson Hyperstretch 3mm is a lot more "forgiving" than a lot of suits out there. For all the guys out there my 3mm henderson jumpsuit will survived 4 years of Thanksgiving and Christmas (dinners). Try one on.

It is a very personal issue. Fit is the very most important factor with brand being second or further. A couple of questions: What brand does your local dive shop have and support. One of the divers said that they returned their suit because they didn't like it and that is important. If Aqualung is your local dive shop, then talk to them and if the fit and feel is what you want and they will back it, then go for it. Support from the LDS is a very important factor. 2nd. What is your need? If you are diving in super cold waters, then mm thickness is the important thing. Dive hard and enjoy life as it is short!

Did not know there were other brands outside of BARE suits.

Lee,
We just picked up the Pinnacle brand and have a shipment coming in next week, and it looks like we're picking up Henderson. We're Lowcountry SCUBA in Mt Pleasant.....884-1500. Call, and then make sure the Pinnacles are in stock and check them out. I've been diving a 7MM Pinnacle for two years thats almost as warm as my drysuit. I've dove both Henderson and Pinnacle, prefer Pinnacle because I feel the quality for the money is ahead of Henderson.

Back
Top Bottom