Need to replace seals everytime battery changed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally getting around to changing the batteries on my Aeris T3 and transmitter and the manual states that I should change the orings for the battery compartments when I change the battery. Is this really necessary?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I never have on my Oceanic Veo 180 ..Probably should???, but never have after changing battery 3 times......

As a static O ring it doesn't get a lot of wear. Having said that for the sake of a few dollars it's probably worth it. However if you can't obtain one easily or are on a boat in the middle of nowhere you'd likely be fine using the same one just check for damage or flat spots, lightly lube the O ring and ensure there is nothing on it like lint or hair etc. FWIW I usually replace the O ring but there has been odd occasion where it wasn't possible and I had no problem. Good luck.

Thanks guys. Just pulled out the computer to check on pre-dive stuff for this weekend and found the batteries dead/low. Will probably change them out before summer.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I don't, but I make sure the ring is in good shape.....I look at it under a lighted magnifying glass to be sure..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom