need to buy new car - advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK
Too many questions. Quick one - gas is 1 euro per liter here (more or less) or a 1.3 $ per liter. Don't ask me how much liters are in the US gallon.
Now - as I said Honda is the only choice - several reasons but major - I love Honda.
Custom taxes - yes here are rather high taxes for US imported cars. Higher than Japan ones - as th European Union has an agreement with Japan which it doesn't have with the US. Accord - Marek - is made in Japan. Civic is made in the UK.
They don't make Honda in Poland. We have Fiat (out of question) and Daewoo produced here (even more out of question).
Marek asked how fords are fixed - ford is an established company here selling cars so spare parts even for models not produced in Europe are easier to get. As well as Opel - they are made in Germany.
Otter - I know that Honda's last for ever but simply civic is too small even for 2 +gear+the dog. And we get guarantee for 3 years. For this time I have a full support of the car dealer as well as a lot of things done for free. I'm lost with cars (I know where to put gas, how to check the level of oil, and change the weel - that's all) so I want to have a car that in any case is serviced by the dealer and i don't have to worry or listen to the engine whether it's working properly or something is breaking down. This is why I prefer new cars....
Mempilot - yes we are talking about 2 doubles and stages for 2 persons. But my friends lately ( I couldn't go) went for a week to Baltic Sea - wreck diving - so they had 5 doubles plus 8 stages for 3 persons....
That needs a truck!!!!!
:D
And this car has to serve both purposes - city car and diving trips - sometimes long ones (as 1500 kilometer to Croatia).
I talked to Honda dealer and he agreed that i can take my gear and check both cars to see how much can be packed. He also told me that I have to remember about the weight - if I put more that 150 kilo on the back of accord there may be some problems (we called it in Polish that accord bottom will sit on the road).
So Saturday I'm taking a friend of mine and our gear and we will try.
I'll let you know.
Anyway thanks guys although I still don't know which one I should get :((((
Mania

Take a Renault Scenic, If I want to I can take the second row of seats out to create enough space for four sets of recreational gear.

Laurens

HEy, Mania, did you ever get a new car? What did you get?

3dent
I finally decided on Accord.
Waiting for it to come - should be within a month or so. and then I'll be broke
Mania

So my new car has just come form Japan. I'm picking it from the dealer next week - when - I do hope - they will take my cast off my leg.
It means that from next week I'm broke because I have to pay for this.
But I love this smell of absolutly new, not used car....
:D
Mania
PS. I'm only a bit sad because today I lost "my baby" - my Honda civic is sold :((((

mania:
Accord is much smarter car (from driving in the city point of view - remember guys I'm a woman :p), CRV is 4WD so very good to drive difficult forest roads in Mazurian Lakes where I go diving often.

Mania., I had the first generation CR-V for about 5 years. I loved that car, it is incredible easy to drive, very solid in rain or snow and is decent on cargo space. My dad also bought a new CR-V, which is even bigger than the original 1st generation model. However, being that I am moving more technical in my diving (plenty of double tanks, etc..) I needed something bigger and just sold my tried and true CR-V ( after 140,000 miles on it), and got the bigger Nissan Pathfinder... For me, it was either Honda Pilot or Pathfinder... and luckily I tried driving Pilot and didn't realy like it., so I had to abondon the Honda line.. But rest assured that you will very happy with the CR-V. it takes regular gasoline (87), which will save you money., and gas decent gas milage.

mania:
PS. I'm only a bit sad because today I lost "my baby" - my Honda civic is sold :((((

oops.. I guess I was a little late with my message... anyhow, hope you like your new honda! but I feel your pain! I lost my baby yesterday - my CR-V is sold :-\

I haven't yet tried the new one. And I will not be able to do so for at least a week (because of the cast I have from my feet till my knee).
But once the cast is taken off I'm taking new honda from the dealers shop.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom