need to buy new car - advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania:
I just picked up my Honda Civic from it's annual check up. And as it's already 3 years old - it's time to buy next one.
...snip...

My dearest Polish Princess, a Honda is 3 years old and time to be replaced? :wink: Perhaps you have rust situation, but those things last 4ever....but, being a Princess you probably want and deserve a new car so,......

I use a Ford Expedition for my dive vehicle, HOWEVER, I recently bought a 4cyl Accord DX for commute. It was my first Honda and I am throughly impressed (my previous car was a Lexus ES300). Even the 4cyl is peppy and the boot/trunk/whatever has plenty of room...although you probably can't get dive gear for more than 2 in it. I see lots of folks around here using the CR-V for a dive vehicle...I don't think you will be disappointed either way.

mempilot:
Chrysler makes the Jeep Liberty, and Chevy makes the Equinox. Are either of these available in Poland? They are both slight steps up from the CRV with a little more cargo room.
The Liberty is called the Chirokee in Europe, they are assembled in Austria and come with a diesel engine too. Excellent choice and I was considering one of those too but again: With a diesel engine :wink:

Marek K:
That can be. :D

Hey, gas prices here in Poland are pretty cheap compared to Western Europe. I just filled up my VR6 Passat on the way home from work; paid the equivalent of about $70 for just over 53 liters of 98 Euro-octane.

That translates to -- what -- about $5 per gallon?

--Marek

$70 for 53l is $1.32/liter, right? Or, like you said, $5 / gallon. That's a little different than the 4 Euros/liter quoted. Isn't that closer to 1 Euro / liter? Or 4 Euro / gallon? (3.8 liters / gallon)

jonnythan:
Yeah, about $5/gallon.

Holy cripes.
No, I'm sorry, $5 per LITER.

Almost $20 per GALLON.

It would cost well over $200 to fill up my car.

No way that's correct. Canada is 80-90 cents per liter.

jonnythan:
Yeah, about $5/gallon.

Holy cripes.
Yeah.

Hate to say it, but before you start feeling sorry for me, I eventually get all all the VAT and excise taxes refunded because of my diplomatic status. And taxes make up practically all the difference.

On the other side of the fence, a hospital nurse here, say, nets the equivalent of about $250 a month. Can you imagine filling up the car on that??

Worse than that... can you imagine being in the hospital here, knowing that the person who holds your life in her hands is netting $250 a month?

--Marek

jonnythan:
No, I'm sorry, $5 per LITER.

Almost $20 per GALLON.

It would cost well over $200 to fill up my car.

No way that's correct. Canada is 80-90 cents per liter.
No, $5 per gallon sounds like the right order of magnitude. Like I said, it took about $70 to fill up my car today -- about 3/4 of a relatively large gas tank.

--Marek

Someone said 4 Euros per liter which is about $19/Gallon.

Ok, my mistake on the price, I know it's severly inflated over the cost of gas here in America. Thanks for catching that guys (and ladies too!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom