Need suggestions on small wristwatch-type dive computers and Suunto D4i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will take these into account. Just need to narrow my list to 2 or 3, but that UWATEC is in there. Speaking of which, are the batteries user replacable? And can I get them at any watch shop?

Yes, user replaceable, and not only any watch shop, but Walgreens, Walmart, etc. About $3-$4.

Also, the Uwatecs download with iRda (infrared), and you don't need any special irda, either. About $13-$15 off the web.

. . . unless you have a 64-bit operating system, then they are a little more expensive.

I might need to make a slight change. My aunt called and said that the Aladin 2g might be too bulky to be used as a wristwatch for everyday use. She said that the salesperson suggested a Suunto D4i. Any reviews/opinions?

As for the budget, my aunt said that she'll help cover the additional costs (i.e. give it as a gift, if I know). So, if you have any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. Basically, something like a Suunto D4 in size and appearance that would be ok for everyday use (as well as underwater).

I have the D9 and think it's a great little watch / computer. I like the D9 for everyday wear as well. I know the D4 is similar in size.

I might need to make a slight change. My aunt called and said that the Aladin 2g might be too bulky to be used as a wristwatch for everyday use. She said that the salesperson suggested a Suunto D4i. Any reviews/opinions?

As for the budget, my aunt said that she'll help cover the additional costs (i.e. give it as a gift, if I know). So, if you have any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. Basically, something like a Suunto D4 in size and appearance that would be ok for everyday use (as well as underwater).

Yes the 2G is wrist mount not wrist watch, youd look kinda silly wearing one out to dinner. I used to own a Cressi Edy2, was certainly small enough to wear everyday as a watch. Although you are supposed to send in to change the battery its very easy to do yourself if you wish. Also you can fit a Zulu or Waterborne strap to the Cressi which is much more secure than a Suunto strap, there has been numerous reports of them breaking, Id be scared I was gonna lose it. The Cressi was much cheaper than an equivalent entry level Suunto wrist watch. Was similarly conservative. You can buy cheaply from Scubastore.com, Im pretty sure there are no WW restrictions on Cressi gear, they shipped to the NZ anyway. Good luck.

I got the new D4i the first week it came out. I think it was at the end of June ? Anyways, I'm lovin' it :blinking: I've got the transmitter for it, as well. I don't think this will meet your budget needs, however. The D4i is $685, transmitter is $450. I'm hoping to post a review of it in the next month or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom