Need suggestions on small wristwatch-type dive computers and Suunto D4i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heavenstorm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I plan to have my aunt get me a dive computer (was thinking a BCD, but it is a pain to lug around) while she is there. Any recommendations? Makes and models, as well as the specifics would be highly appreciated. The budget is around $100-$200. This would be my first dive computer.

In the event that there aren't any in the immediate area, what websites with online shops that can ship to that location? And is Amazon a reputable site to get a dive computer ( like this for instance: Amazon.com: Aeris XR1 Air Dive Computer, Scuba Wrist Dive Watch: Sports & Outdoors )? I'm asking because I've gotten perfectly working cameras and other electronics there, but I'm totally in the dark with diving equipment.

Thanks!

-------
- a type that could double as a wristwatch when on the surface is preferred (i.e. sleek/small)
- getting brand new

Last edited:
Hehe, no idea what the price range is for the entry-level computers. Plus, I prefer to familiarize myself with a simple one first ... so when it's time to upgrade, I'll know what to look for (or, at the very least, have a better sense of this piece of tech).

ScubaPro Uwatec Aladin 2G. I could manage to shell out extra bucks for that one, thanks!

Would you know a good/reputable place to purchase them online apart from ebay? New, btw.

Cheked out Leisurepro and found these:

1. Uwatec Aladin 2G Wrist Computer ($324)
Uwatec Aladin 2G Wrist Computer

2. Aeris Manta Scuba and Free Diving Wrist Computer ($399)
Aeris Manta Scuba and Free Diving Wrist Computer

3. Tusa Zen Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-900) ($389)
Tusa Zen Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-900)

4. Oceanic VEO 2.0 Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer ($389)
Oceanic VEO 2.0 Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer

Even though the last 3 are way over my budget, I am willing to add them to my choices. I'll need help from those who've had prior experience with these brands to help me choose. Also, I'm adding more preferences to the mix now:
- watch function on surface (since I'll plan to keep it on for the entire duration of the trip)
- sturdy wrist strap
- easily obtainable and replacable batteries

Mares puck air integrated.. 274 at leisure pro ir scuba toys..

Id a.good entry lvl computer

If I were you I would get the Oceanci GEO 2.0, it has the Oceanic Dual Algorithum so you can match it with any computer. They are made in Oakland CA as well. If I would you that would be my choice, and we will ship to you.

Okay, I'm a little prejudiced because my friends are disappointed, but you should search ScubaBoard for info on Oceanics.

- the download cable is expensive

- the log software is buggy

Seriously, go to this forum: Oceanic

And if you check those links I posted, the 2G = $262, + $8 for wrist mount, + shipping should still be under $300.

You will NOT find anyone complaining about the Uwatecs. Furthermore, their customer service is freaking AWESOME!

Disclaimer: I am not a Uwatec dealer, franchiser, own stock, or anything else. I'm just a computer engineer geek who loves 'em!

Cheked out Leisurepro and found these:

1. Uwatec Aladin 2G Wrist Computer ($324)
Uwatec Aladin 2G Wrist Computer

2. Aeris Manta Scuba and Free Diving Wrist Computer ($399)
Aeris Manta Scuba and Free Diving Wrist Computer

3. Tusa Zen Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-900) ($389)
Tusa Zen Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-900)

4. Oceanic VEO 2.0 Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer ($389)
Oceanic VEO 2.0 Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer

Even though the last 3 are way over my budget, I am willing to add them to my choices. I'll need help from those who've had prior experience with these brands to help me choose. Also, I'm adding more preferences to the mix now:
- watch function on surface (since I'll plan to keep it on for the entire duration of the trip)
- sturdy wrist strap
- easily obtainable and replacable batteries

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom