Need some quick info on shore diving Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtbriten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm returning home to Maui after 20 years for death in family. Grew up there and know that I won't recognize it. Although I surfed, bodysurfed, snorkeled and sailed, never donned a BC. Moved to New England and learned how to dive!!! I'll be there for a week and am looking for THE BEST dive sites, hoping to sneak in two or three shore dives during the week. Will be staying in the Paia area, but will suffer a drive if it's worth it. Am leaving this Friday. Can anyone offer a couple of suggestions? Also, can one get air without going to the other side?

Most of the shore diving on Maui is in South (Kihei) and West (Kaanapali/Lahaina) areas. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the other side", but I'm certain with the number of dive shops on the island, you can find one in Kahului.

Shorediving is mostly done on the side away from Paia but there is some diving in the area. I can't think of the little bay where Jaws is located but I've dove just outside of it and found an interesting wall. It's a long surface swim.

I doubt there are dive shops on that side, they'd die a lonely death :)

Back
Top Bottom