need some quick adivse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2:
For those of you in the know: What's your thoughts about the Aeris Atmos Pro? It's in my price range -about $360.00- and the features seem very adequate. Any one been using one lately, would like to hear from you on performance. When I get back from Truk, it will be my Ohio/Great Lakes cold water reg Are there any other regs in that range you feel is "Better" than the AAP? Thanks again.

Barracuda2
The Aeris equipment could be the best in the world but I NEVER see it for sale locally. Whether you buy off the net or not, whether you get a warranty or not, at some point you will need service. Of the brands being recommended, Aqualung Legends, Apeks ATX50/100/200 and the Zeagles 50D's and Flatheads are essentially the same identical regs, other than differences in outside appearance. All are proven preformers at depth, all are suitible for cold water (enviromentally sealed, etc) and all are availible for sale and service locally. The Apek ATX100's, for example, are available thru online sources in the $350 range. A lot of LDS's will now price match with the net. That model should corelate with a Legend Supreme or Zeagle Flathead. You also haven't mentioned an octo. Expect a second of the same caliber as your primary, for Apek for example, to run an additional $150 or so.

EDIT: Just looked at DiveInn for price check- Apek ATX50 plus AT40 octo for $405. I've never met anyone with any of the above regs say they wish they had gotten something else. Good Luck!

Thanks for all your input. I went with the Aqua Lung Titan with the environmental Kit added. When I get back from Truk, I will give a report on its performance.

Barracuda2

Back
Top Bottom