need some help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My computer has been turning off and on so I got to write fast. Sorry for any spelling errors.
I'm just OW scuba diver, but I am real interested in RB's
I have a few questians
1. wich is better CCR or SCR RBs and why
2.My brother wich is also my dive buddy always brags about how he can equalize wothout touching his nose once on a dive!!! I Have to touch my nose evry 3 ft! It gets very annoying when I need me hand for check my gauges or fittling with my BC or somthin else. Is their a surgery I can get for this so all I have to do is move my jaw or somthing? I heard that some FFMs have clips that go over your nose so all you have to do is blow at your nose write? Does this FFM do that www.divenet.com/divematics/

3. Does anybody hear own the Insperation buddy CCR RB. I would like to ask some questians.

Thanks for your help.
I think it would be awsome to go Underwater for 5 hours plus+ and not have to fittle with your nose.
:) :scuba:

Scuba Dooba 12 once bubbled...
My computer has been turning off and on so I got to write fast. Sorry for any spelling errors.
I have a few questians
2.My brother wich is also my dive buddy always brags about how he can equalize wothout touching his nose once on a dive!!! I Have to touch my nose evry 3 ft! It gets very annoying when I need me hand for check my gauges or fittling with my BC or somthin else. Is their a surgery I can get for this so all I have to do is move my jaw or somthing? I heard that some FFMs have clips that go over your nose so all you have to do is blow at your nose write? Does this FFM do that www.divenet.com/divematics/

3. Does anybody hear own the Insperation buddy CCR RB. I would like to ask some questians.

Thanks for your help.
I think it would be awsome to go Underwater for 5 hours plus+ and not have to fittle with your nose.
:) :scuba:

Hi Scuba Dooba 12:

I have very tender ears, and need to be very careful when I descend. There is a ton of information about clearing your ears here on ScubaBoard, some of which helped me, you just need to do a search for it at:

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php

For example, I put "clearing ears" in the "Search by Keyword" field, clicked on "Perform Search," and that brought up quite a few relevant threads.

We all have different abilities when it comes to equalization. If you are able to clear your ears while descending slowly, you are already ahead of many other divers who cannot even do that. Just tell your brother and any other dive buddies that they need to be patient and you will be along shortly. I am sure they need to spend a few minutes fine tuning their buoyancy anyway :eek:ut: . They should descend with you, and their patience is simple common dive ettiquite.

Getting better with looking at instruments, adjusting your BC, clearing your ears, and anything else that comes along while descending just takes time and practice. After a while, it becomes second nature.

A rebreather is a very serious piece of diving equipment. It requires discipline and intense attention to detail. If you are "fiddling" with too many things now, the last thing you need is a rebreather multiplying your task loading.

A rebreather also requires some serious cash, which you mentioned earlier that you do not have as of yet, and some serious training. I do not know if this applies to all agencies, but, at least for NAUI, a student must be at least eighteen years of age to start technical training, including diving a rebreather.

In the end, you have a lot of time to save for a rebreather and to perfect your open water skills before you will be able to even *think* about diving a rebreather.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes and safe open circuit diving.

Todd.

sorry it took so long to reply, and I have to make it brief as I'm in a hurry.
I have a few questians
That's how we all started out. Each one of us. :)
If in doubt, always ask.
Your first question is not easy to answer. SCR and CCR work differently.
They are used for different kinds of dives, or at least can. There are many considerations, how and where you dive, how deep, how long. What is available where you live, both RBs and training. There is really no better RB, only one that is better for you. Which one that is, or will be, just depends.
2.My brother wich is also my dive buddy always brags about how he can equalize wothout touching his nose once on a dive!!!
I agree with Todd here. Bragging is bad style.
I Have to touch my nose evry 3 ft! It gets very annoying when I need me hand for check my gauges It gets very annoying when I need me hand for check my gauges or fittling with my BC or somthin else.
So do I. Actually, I start equalizing at the surface, and don't let go of my nose for the first 15 or 20 ft., and check gauges with the other hand. As Todd pointed out, once you get the hang of it, it'll get a lot easier. You won't have to fiddle much either.
Is their a surgery I can get for this so all I have to do is move my jaw or somthing?
That sounds a bit drastic, surgery. May you should ask the dive docs on the board, but they'll probably will tell you the same. But I hear you. I've been waiting for gill installation for 30 years, and they still don't do it.:upset:

The Windolf from Divematics is huge and very expensive. And you still need to fiddle with it durin equalization. FFMs are not a solution to your problem. Much like RBs, they are (fairly) expensive, need training, have pros and cons, and their purpose for being.

Lots of people, if not most. They sell a lot of those. Before you ask, try the search function like Todd said. You might find a lot of answers. If not, just ask.

I think it would be awsome to go Underwater for 5 hours plus+.
Now that's a long time. Very long time. Few RBs can do that. :)

Back
Top Bottom