Need some help on Safety Sauages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuckitall

Contributor
Reaction score
Wife and I are veteran divers that have owned several Carter lift bags over the years. Over the last several months ours have delaminated and Carter is losing it’s reputation with my dive shops about quality control.. These bags are getting way over $100. We both need new Safety bags. Is there any other company out there producing a fairly heavy top quality that we can switch too. In all my years of diving have not seen many durable lift bags. I’m open to any that might have good material gluing and stiching.

Hey, Chuck

Mel and I use the Halcyon SMBs and Mel uses a halcyon 80 lb bag. They get replaced every 3-5 years when the stitching lets go, but they typically get replaced by the dealer for free.

My dive rite SMB is 10 years old, but I don't use it near as much as you would.

I will also give a plug for the Halcyon SMBs. We have their 4.5' and 3' markers.

Thanks guys, I’ll take a serious look at the Halcyon. Have used Carters for years, but I’m tired of sides splitting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom