Need Recommendation for Instructor for PADI OW Referral Dives on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife is currently taking the classroom and confined water portions of the PADI Open Water Diver course here in Northern California. We are looking for a recommendation for a good instructor in the Honolulu area during the last week of March to complete the ocean dives needed for her OW certification. Thanks!

If you are in the Honolulu/Waikiki area then go with the SB flow - OahuScubaDivers.com, but if you are going to be in the Hawaii Kai area (Southeast part of the island), I can recommend Reef Pirates (www.reefpirates.com).

The primary dive master, Sean, is very patient and closely watches his new divers during open water checkout dives. I witnessed this first hand while doing a wide variety of easy to advanced dives over a full week of diving with Reef Pirates (22 dives in all).

The maximum number of divers that Reef Pirates will take out is 6 divers so it will be an intimate situation with plenty of one-on-one attention. They have the fastest boat by far in the area so going to and from the dive sites is also alot of fun.

Best of luck and safe diving!!!

Ray

Thanks for all of the great info. We ended up going to Maui where my wife completed her OW cert with Doug Corbin ~Shaka Doug~ on April 4th and 6th. The Scuba Bus was awesome! Four terrific training dives. We highly recommend Doug Corbin/Shaka Divers for instruction or shore diving. His webpage is www.shakadivers.com. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom