Need PG hotel recommendation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pakman,
If you will be taking the course with Tech Asia, give Dave Ross an email and tell him if he can get you a room over at Sha-Che Inn or Gerlie's Inn. Those are small Inn's that have airconditioned rooms and its just 50 meters to the left of his shop. These are run by the locals and sadly they do not have websites or email addresses, you have to ask Dave to get in touch with them for you. An airconditioned room would probably be around $18 a night and half of that for non-aircon. Its not a hotel room but its also nice. It will most likely have a kitchen, Private Bath and a small porch :)

Yeah I've been exchanging emails with Dave on the various courses. That's a good idea Axua. As much as I like Asia Divers, I'm not a big fan of the quality of rooms u get for the price at El Galleon...

paolov:
yes they (Manfred) is the reco and refereal of Alex Santos (ask the tech guys). I ask my instructor buddy and he got that from ALex as the GUY to talk to in CEBU. so you can be comfortable to know he is not fly by night operation.

paolo

Paolo, thanks, that's reasuring to hear!!! I've shot an email to Manfred and will chase him up with a phone call tomorrow. If he's OK to teach over xmas, I might choose Cebu instead of PG this time. So much nicer to fly directly into Mactan and not deal with the car/bangka route to PG. I really like PG but want to try something new and Cebu is on my long list of places to dive in the PI... Also doesn't hurt that Cebuana women are so pretty... :wink:

Axua:
Pakman,
If you will be taking the course with Tech Asia, give Dave Ross an email and tell him if he can get you a room over at Sha-Che Inn or Gerlie's Inn. Those are small Inn's that have airconditioned rooms and its just 50 meters to the left of his shop. These are run by the locals and sadly they do not have websites or email addresses, you have to ask Dave to get in touch with them for you. An airconditioned room would probably be around $18 a night and half of that for non-aircon. Its not a hotel room but its also nice. It will most likely have a kitchen, Private Bath and a small porch :)

When you say left, do you mean left when facing Tech Asia, or with one's back to Tech Asia?

*Floater*:
When you say left, do you mean left when facing Tech Asia, or with one's back to Tech Asia?

to your right when facing Tech Asia or the full moon bar. To your left when facing the ocean. Sha-Che Inn is just a spit away from Tech Asia and the full-moon bar. Gerlie's is right next to Sha-che

paolov:
keep us posted, we may share the same shore durign the holidays as i would be in cebu as well

well the good news is that now I can take that whole week off between xmas and new yrs. But... Odd but I'm waitlisted on flights to Manila but can get a flight to Cebu! So if a flight to Manila doesn't open up soon, I might just celebrate xmas/new yrs in Cebu and get some technical training plus get some fun dives in as well.

Paolo, what days are you going to be in Cebu?

i will be there from the 23rd december to perhaps 8th January.

oh my... i still have not purchased my air ticket yet..... bwahahhahaha, tomorrow i will get them. ....

pakman:
well the good news is that now I can take that whole week off between xmas and new yrs. But... Odd but I'm waitlisted on flights to Manila but can get a flight to Cebu! So if a flight to Manila doesn't open up soon, I might just celebrate xmas/new yrs in Cebu and get some technical training plus get some fun dives in as well.

Paolo, what days are you going to be in Cebu?

yeah, holiday flights are getting hard to book... so far I've got 3 trip alternatives

1) fly out to Phuket and join some friends on a liveaboard trip to Andamans, skip the tech training and just enjoy a nice fun dive trip... my camera is getting neglected lately...

2) fly to Manila transfer -> PG, so I can continue to reinforce the stereotype of Korean divers acting badly... hehehe (in case the admin see this: Just kiddin!!!)

3) fly to Cebu - flight costs more, but its a direct flight and I get to check out the diving around Cebu and maybe act so badly underwater that some british tourist will post here later about being apalled at seeing a korean diver acting so badly in Cebu!.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom