Need PDC hotel recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally had time yesterday to get on Airbnb and Booking.com to really look at options. I remembered what instructor had told me about safe area, so I pulled up Aventura Mexicana on Google Maps on iPhone and had the booking sites on iPad. Too many were in the party area near 5th Ave. I stayed on 10th Ave North and found a condo at 19th Ave North and Calle 30. $70/night in an elevator building AND an in unit washer/dryer. No more stomping my clothes clean while I’m taking a shower.

Cost is about $200 total more than I paid in August for Aventura Mexicana, but this is high season. The washer/dryer is worth every penny. There were lots cheaper, but they had stairs or were on 5th Ave.

Instructor/dive guide told me there’s a supermarket closr.
Would you mind sharing the info your instructor gave you about good, safe areas to stay? We are in the planning phase and a local instructor seems like a really good source.

Any touristy area in PDC is safe-ish. You'll be fine.

My sister and I, hiked way past the red line north east of the ferry to explore. No issues.

Although, my seat on the Cozumel ferry did explode. Which is why my next trip to CZ will be alone. The family won't go there anymore.

I've stayed near that area. Safety wise you will be fine.

Would you mind sharing the info your instructor gave you about good, safe areas to stay? We are in the planning phase and a local instructor seems like a really good source.
I also wanted a quiet area, so west of 5th Ave and nowhere near the beach.

Although, my seat on the Cozumel ferry did explode. Which is why my next trip to CZ will be alone. The family won't go there anymore.
Huh?

I finally had time yesterday to get on Airbnb and Booking.com to really look at options. I remembered what instructor had told me about safe area, so I pulled up Aventura Mexicana on Google Maps on iPhone and had the booking sites on iPad. Too many were in the party area near 5th Ave. I stayed on 10th Ave North and found a condo at 10th Ave North and Calle 30. $70/night in an elevator building AND an in unit washer/dryer. No more stomping my clothes clean while I’m taking a shower.

Cost is about $200 total more than I paid in August for Aventura Mexicana, but this is high season. The washer/dryer is worth every penny. There were lots cheaper, but they had stairs or were on 5th Ave.

Instructor/dive guide told me there’s a supermarket closr.
Made a correction. Original post had 19th Ave North and Calle 30. It should have been 10th Ave North and Calle 30.

A while ago someone blew up the ferry.

We were on it a week or so, before (but didn't do it).
Restless locals?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom