Need: Parts advice for reconditioning Royal Aqua Master double hose regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those band clamps just look too flimsy for my tastes. Also, I don't particularly like the possibility of a single point failure from a clamp that cracks/tears or just doesn't hold properly to begin with.

It is a non issue for most of us, they are not a failure point. Band clamps have been in use for decades on regulators of all sorts.

If you have a single hose second rigged for sharing air then the whole d--m thing can come apart and the first stage will still deliver air to the single hose octopus.

N

Well. Either I or the previous owner/servicer of this regulator managed to scratch-up the spring block/balance chamber quite nicely. It is the early style that doesn't have room for a back-up ring. (I tried; it's one or the other--not both.) I have been buffing the scratches with little wads of red and then gray, Scotch-Brite. But, I just don't think I will ever trust it knowing there is no back-up ring and knowing the amount of material I have removed.

According to Bryan this is basically an irreplaceable part but can possibly be substituted for a newer Conshelf spring block. This Conshelf part will also accept the o-ring back-up ring which for me will be a good thing since I intend to use it on 3000+ psi tanks.

I don't have a local dealer that will sell me this part. Does anyone have one or know where I can buy one? (I'm on the lookout for a Conshelf Supreme environmental sealing diaphragm as well.)

Manual error?
Has anyone else noticed that the diagram in the USD manual that can be downloaded from VDH has the balance chamber o-ring and backup-ring installation order reversed?

Back-up ring size
What size is the little PTFE back-up ring, mine is too destoyed to get any meaningful measurements from. Is it a MS28773-04, the -06 is 3/8 inch OD which seems too big? Will this work? 1/4" OD Single turn split PTFE back-up Ring

FYI, still waiting on the band-clamp; it should be here tomorrow, I think. I can't wait to get this sucker in the water earning all of its new parts...

If you can't get one, you can always keep an eye out for a cheap Conshelf on ebay. Odds are the spring block in it will be OK and any Conhself will work. Also pretty much any USD/AL rebuild kit will have the parts you need. Keep an eye out for a 9000-01 parts kit for a Titan. It has all the Orings and other rebuild parts you need. The part number for the Titan balance chamber is 1053-24 which should work fine.

You might invest in a double hook o-ring pick from scubatools.com. Those are really well designed for digging out tough to grab little o-rings without scratching the seating channel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom