Need Oahu referrals / buddy(ies) - Sept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladycute1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

I'll be on Oahu in September -- the 15th through the 21st. I'll be there with the boy friend -- a non-diver. (He'll be doing military tourist stuff and paintball)

I want to dive as much as possible... shore, boat, I don't care... maybe explore some wrecks?

I have two goals:

1) as much bottom time as possible... it is my periodic Nitrogen fix. (I love to see critters)!

2) it would be really cool if I could learn something about, and maybe get some photos of wrecks... especially military stuff... boy friend is a WWII buff, and I'd like to take another crack at luring him into the water... if he saw pictures and heard stories about cool wrecks... he might be willing to try another intro during the next trip.

Can anyone either recommend a good operator.... or is anyone willing / interested in offering services as a buddy?

I'm PADI instructor rated, over 500 dives -- mostly on Maui.

Thanks!

Liz

The wrecks on Oahu are military, sort of. The Corsair counts and the YO 257 sorta counts but not the Sea Tiger which is the best wreck in the islands. All are 100' plus dives so you might want to get him broke in first.
If Im around, I'll buddy up.

Thanks, Wildcard --
I'd love to dive with you... and... NO, I don't intend to take him diving this trip... I'm just trying to be a bit devious and give him a reason to try diving at a later date.

Tell him he gets to watch girls in bikinis swim by. That should do it.....

I'm here visiting on Oahu from Kona. I did the Corsair and a drift dive yesterday with Oahuscubadivers.com, they're an outfit out of a military base that come pick you up from the hotel and almost everyone on the boat was military.
The boat was so-so but the dives were great, the boat left from Hawaii Kai.

I then did two dives today with Captain Bruce (www.captainbruce.com) who also picked us up from hotel and took us to Waianae to do the "Mahi" wreck followed by Makaha Caverns. Great boat, great guides, flat/calm water. Loved all the lava tubes, caves, arches etc. Will definitely do that dive again.
I'll do some more wrecks on my next Oahu trip :)

Aloha,
Sam

I highly recommend Island Divers on Hickam AFB.

Ya, I think he got a little confused but he is right, Capt Bruce is a lot of fun to dive with is as Oahu Divers. ID just leaves me frustrated every time I try to deal with them. Aloha divers? Is the new name of the shop by Schofield I think. New owners I hear.

justleesa:
Sam you're sure you got that right? We are Oahu Scuba Divers - their name must be simular...

You're right, the first outfit I went with was OahuScubaDiving.com (not Divers).
They used the Captain Joe boat out by the Mcdonald's at Hawaii Kai. The same Mcdonald's that's used as the public restroom for divers :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom