Need local camera help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Err 99 can also be a battery or card error and can be easily fixed, so if you haven't yet, try these things:

1 - turn camera off, pop card out, close card door, open card door, put card back in, turn on camera, test at least 10 shots.

2 - do the exact same thing but with the battery. I had a battery freak out on my during a shoot once and I had to pop it out after every few shots. Once I got to shoot 8+ in a row, it didn't freak out any more. Same battery has never caused a problem before or since, so it's obviously gremlins.

have you tried this? except the gremlins part. happened to me once. i took everything apart. used a blower on the contacts. worked after i assembled everything back again.

also there is a canon service center near ortigas business district... liberty center, mandaluyong city. depends on the problem it can take just a couple of hours...or 3 months if you're unlucky :D

Hey, many thanks to everyone, my gut feeling (and the easiest fix) is a new battery, all my problems happened after my last recharge in a hotel in Zambales, I did see some sparks come off the charger into the plug, but I assume it was dust.

I"m headed back to Manila tomorrow and going to the service center after buying a battery, the battery I have is over 2 1/4 years old, I'm not sure how long they last, but now I'm getting 'no message' at all, hopefully this means no power and the battery will do the trick.

Will let you know how it turns out, thank to everyone who helped out on this, rather frustrating:11:

I had a girlfriend from Zambales once...

the "fire and sparks" part of your story reminded me of that...

jonix - yes, I've done it with the battery. Worked fine.

I've seen others do it with their cards but I haven't, knock wood, had any bad happenings with any of my cards. Seeing them do it with the card put it in my brain to do with the battery when I had an Err99

Looking forward to hearing if it is just the battery! Cheap fix, if so!

Back
Top Bottom