Need local camera help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tboxcar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey, everybody, I would have posted this in photography, but it makes more sense here as I'm currently near Manila. My Canon 350 Rebel is acting up, getting some error messages. Does anyone know of any camera repair shops in and around Manila, that you would trust to take your DSLR to? Any thoughts would be great. Any Canon users my message reads 'Err 99'

Thanks, this is certainly bumming my current trip:(

I believe err99 means a lens issue. Can you remount your lens, make sure the contacts are clean. Do you have another lens to test the 350D with?

edit: oops, correction... I think Err 99 is a generic warning. Could be anything wrong...I guess until you can take into a repair shop, maybe try a couple things? Remount the lens, try taking out the CF card (maybe even reformatting), swap batteries?

Thanks, I have tried most of the above ideas, except replacing the battery, does anyone have the names and locations of any good camera stores to buy or fix Canons in Manila? I'm desperate might even consider just buying a new one and taking the old one back home?

Thanks Matt, that gives me some more options.

Canon service center is at Marvin Plaza building along Chino Roces avenue (Pasong Tamo)at the corner of Herrera st. about 2 blocks from Makati Cinema Square if you are traveling from Pasay road to Buendia. I think there is a gas station (Shell?) across Herrera before you reach it.

Pao

Err 99 can also be a battery or card error and can be easily fixed, so if you haven't yet, try these things:

1 - turn camera off, pop card out, close card door, open card door, put card back in, turn on camera, test at least 10 shots.

2 - do the exact same thing but with the battery. I had a battery freak out on my during a shoot once and I had to pop it out after every few shots. Once I got to shoot 8+ in a row, it didn't freak out any more. Same battery has never caused a problem before or since, so it's obviously gremlins.

Gremlins eh?

Rule #1. No Bright Light.
Rule #2. NO WATER!
Rule #3. Never to be fed after midnight.

Spike.jpg

Sorry, can't resist. Hope you get the gremlins out...

Canon service center is at Marvin Plaza building along Chino Roces avenue (Pasong Tamo)at the corner of Herrera st. about 2 blocks from Makati Cinema Square if you are traveling from Pasay road to Buendia. I think there is a gas station (Shell?) across Herrera before you reach it.

Pao
tell the cab driver:

PASONG TAMO, near makati square...

across from goldilocks...

beside the shell station...

repair is on the 5th floor i believe :biggrin:

Jag

PS
watsons and mayer photo along hidalgo (quiapo) are of good repute... also Avenue photo and Island photo... can't vouch for the rest

Back
Top Bottom