Need kid friendly dive shop in San Antonio.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joens

Contributor
Reaction score
My 12 year old daughter lives near San Antonio .She is wanting to learn to SCUBA .Can anyone reccomend a LDS in San Antonio that does a good job teaching kids? I don't know much about the shops in that area as I live way up north by Amarillo.

Now that's a good question! Most people just ask for a local dive shop to get certified at. Yes, most dive shops are great for that but not all shops are good at teaching kids or want to for that matter. Unfortunately, we are a little far from you. That's our specialty, kids and families. We get a lot of them! Good luck I am sure there will be a swamper or two come along after me and give you a hint about where to go for her cert. :snorkels:

I went to Duggan Diving for air fills and the were very friendly with my 14 year old daughter. They took time to explain river diving tips to her, spent sometime just talking to her about diving in general. Most shops I go in talk to me about diving, few spend time talking to my kids who are also certified. I don't know how well they teach kids or if they do instruct kids. They are right outside of San Antonio
Duggan Diving
www.duggandiving.com
928 Coronado Blvd
Universal City, Texas
210-658-7495

They also does Thursday guided night diving at one of the nearby rivers.
Good luck. Hoe she enjoys diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom