need input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quivering at the past thoughts of all the lead needed to sink that and how much mobility I used to lose. Drysuit +10 :cool2:

Mobility is absolutely an issue, still affecting my comfort level and thus consumption.

Currently using 28lbs in fresh.

Interestingly, on a dive at the quarry several weeks ago, son and I overheard two ladies talking while we were gearing up. Gist was, they felt dry was too bulky and were happier in wet. I was a little surprised - but have not yet tried dry myself.

Gist was, they felt dry was too bulky and were happier in wet. I was a little surprised - but have not yet tried dry myself.

Depends on the person. They may have dove it once, and decided it wasn't for them. I hated the drysuit my first dive....just like I hated driving a car and had no clue what I was doing. After a few dives, it is second nature and can't be beat.

As for a semi dry....why would you want to wear it if it over heats you? I don't want to have to worry about opening up a zipper and being overheated when on a dive. In a Drysuit, just wear a lighter weight undergarment, and call it a day. No need to over heat or mess with a zipper to cool off. So you are right, I wouldn't do that in a drysuit because I wouldn't be overheating. I want to enjoy the things around me on a dive, not worry about cooling off and taking off layers underwater. To each their own though, but if that was me, I wouldn't wear the same suit in those same conditions again :wink:

I dive dry any time the water is 75 degrees F or cooler. People in Florida make fun of me, until they come up from the first dive shivering and don't go out on the 2nd dive.

I am more comfortable dry, happier dry, and I dive more as a result.

I am partial to the DUI line for the quality.

JUST DO IT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom