Need info "stat" on diving baja mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underseahunter

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow divers,

I am up against a huge time constraint here. I find myself headed to La Paz, topolobampo, mazatlan, Puerto vallarta, and cabo san lucas... NEXT week. Of course I want to get in the water. La Paz Topolobampo, and mazatlan info are needed stat.
Thanks y'all
Cea

La Paz diving is great this time of year, but I can't speak from experience on the others. What type of info are you looking for? There is a lot on this board you can search for.

Hello fellow divers,

I am up against a huge time constraint here. I find myself headed to La Paz, topolobampo, mazatlan, Puerto vallarta, and cabo san lucas... NEXT week. Of course I want to get in the water. La Paz Topolobampo, and mazatlan info are needed stat.
Thanks y'all
Cea

Hello I dive with Baja Dive in Cabo San Lucas,
They have a nice big boat great English speaking dive Masters and all safty gear.
They always wash my gear so its ready for the next days Diving.
Shop is located on the Marina Boardwalk in the Tesoro Los Cabos Resort.
Try this link Home

Hello, I can give you some info about diving in La Paz the spots are very nice the visibility during October is very good (I was there in August and it was very good but the divemaster told me that October is the best season to dive in La Paz), There is a sealions colony that is very beautiful also they have very nice shipwrecks and in general I really liked the diving in La Paz, I went with Baja Aventuras and the service was very nice and personalized, I dove there for 5 days and I really liked it, hope you have the opportunity to dive there and have fun with the sea lions.

I don`t know about Mazatlan but Puerto Vallarta, Cabo and La Paz are very nice places to dive, I've been only one time in Puerto Vallarta and don`t remember the names of operators there, I do remember an excellent one in cabo that was Land's ends divers just in the main marina of Cabo San Lucas every time I go to Cabo I go with them and for La Paz I have been there several times and tried some of the dive operators there and while there is a couple of them that are very good (Baja Aventuras as mentioned above and also Fun Baja) there are some others that don't put too much attention in their customers service, last time I went with the dive operator by pichilingue and I was very dissapointed about their service (though the diving was excelent and the dive master was very helpful) but try for yourself there is very good diving in La Paz, the sea lions colony as Björn mentioned it's a must for everybody.

Thank y'all for your replies,
I am indeed in contact with "baja-adevnturas" to get wet in LaPaz (pichillenge). If anyone else knows of other shops in LaPaz/pichillenge. There is still much unknown about Topolobampo, and Mazatlan. It seems you can't swing a dead fish around in Cabo without hitting a "divemaster" so that is pretty much a no-brainer. Anybody got info on mazatlan and topolobampo.
Thanks,
Cea

I had an awesome vacation in La Paz in 2007 - one of my favorite vacations ever.

I dove with Cortez Club and had a blast. Small boats with 2-6 divers, experienced DMs, and great access to many varied dive sites. The 2 dives we did at La Reyna were some of the best dives I've ever done.

Stop by Rancho Viejo and grab a plate of tacos. 2 years later and I'm still craving the food from there =)

-B

Thank y'all for your replies,
I am indeed in contact with "baja-adevnturas" to get wet in LaPaz (pichillenge). If anyone else knows of other shops in LaPaz/pichillenge. There is still much unknown about Topolobampo, and Mazatlan. It seems you can't swing a dead fish around in Cabo without hitting a "divemaster" so that is pretty much a no-brainer. Anybody got info on mazatlan and topolobampo.
Thanks,
Cea

I don't think there is any diving around Topolobampo. That entire stretch of coastline is supposed to be sandy/estuary-like. There is one small offshore rocky island (can't recall the exact name; ends in "Farallon" I think) that is probably good, but I'm sure there are no dive operators to take you there. My recollection is that there is some diving around Mazatlan (there are a couple of islands right outside the harbor), but it is pretty marginal. Mazatlan is known for surfing, not diving. Of all the places you listed, La Paz would be the best. The islands offshore La Paz have some good spots.

Here are the SCUBA Diving vendors I found and used on the Mexican Riviera.

Club cantamar in LaPaz / Pichellinge
Vallarta Adventuras in Puerto Vallarta
Eagle Divers in Cabo San Lucas
Aqua Sports Center in Mazatlan

I will comment about them and the dives later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom