Need Info: Atlanta Scuba Expo May 19-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know about this?

I saw the dates listed in a Nekton Cruises mailer as a show they were attending.

Atlanta Scuba Expo May 19-20

I didn't know there was a Scuba Show in Atlanta? Is this a 'real show' or just some marketing hype that happens at one shop?

Found nothing in Google (besides some art dealer going), so makes me think it's not a real show, or they are poorly marketing it.

so what's the scoop?

Haven't seen anything advertised in my LDS.... i'll ask about it next time i'm there.

They were talking about setting up a booth at the show while atAlabama Blue Water Adventures last Sat. I don't know anything about it though.

Got some more info on it. They apparantly haven't done much advance notice to divers in this area.

Georgia Dive Centers Embrace NEW Dive Show

Atlanta will host a new SOLD OUT dive show May 19-20 at the Holiday Inn Select downtown Atlanta.

Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 06, 2007 (DNW): Dive Chronicles is launching the Georgia Dive Show in Atlanta Georgia. Located at the Holiday Inn Select in Downtown Atlanta over 60 exhibitors will be exhibiting products and services. More than 8 of the Major local Dive Centers has embraced this event. Major dive manufacturers such as Aqualung, Atomic, Pinnacle, Deep Outdoors, Sea Life Cameras and more will show the latest in dive gear. Dive Destinations from the Cayman Islands, SABA, USVI, Costa Rica , Florida Keys and the Far Pacific will also be offering presentations on their resorts and types of diving. Training agencies NAUI and SDI/TDI will also be exhibiting.

During the two day event, Cathy Church will be conducted workshops on U/W Photo techniques and Anne Crawley will present U/W Video workshops as well.

Try Scuba Free programs will be offered at the Holiday Inn Select Pool overlooking Turner Baseball Stadium.

Dive Chronicles has created a unique Segway Chariot advertising program for 20 days prior to the event. These Chariots will be traveling the streets of Downtown Atlanta offering information on how to “Try Scuba Free” and be eligible to win a trip to the Caribbean.

Try Scuba Free will be offered on Friday to local colleges as well as many business as a way to promote new adventures to their personnel.

All during the show, Hi Fi Buy (a Tweeter Company) will be providing several HD Large screens throughout the show floor showing U/W videos.

For More information visit www.georgiadiveshow.com or email info@georgiadiveshow.com

Hey this looks pretty cool. I'm surprised, my LDS is one of the exhibitors but I didn't know about it. Hopefully I can get a 50% off voucher for admission. Anybody plan on going to this? I wouldn't mind attending the tech and wreck diving seminars.

Good work Mike, thanks for the info

fndmylove:
Good work Mike, thanks for the info

So you're going right??? I mean, cmon, those of us that live here have no excuse!

DawgDiver:
So you're going right??? I mean, cmon, those of us that live here have no excuse!

Oh definitely, I'll be there, can't pass it up. BTW, I actually live in Lawrenceville right now too.

DawgDiver:

I originally was planning on going, but have a condo booked down at the beach for that whole week to dive..

hmm... dive show... or DIVE. I think I'll dive.

It actually looks like it might be a halfway decent show. They apparantly sold out vendor space. I was worried it would be 3 dive shops in Atlanta trying to put it together and call it a show when all it really was going to be would be a 'spring sales event' for them.

I noticed it was being promoted by some company in Ft Lauderdale. I guess it's a company that promoted some of the FL dive shows.... otherwise they'd had trouble getting the bigger name vendors and selling it out the first year.

Anyone else from the Huntsville area going? I might head over there if I can find someone that wants to carpool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom